ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Changing contracted hours.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Wiggins79
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
Gender: Male

Changing contracted hours.

Post by Wiggins79 »

Just (hopefully) a quick question.
This week after 10 years of being a day-off relief I've finally got my own round. Although my manager never bothered to confirm I'd actually got the job (closing date was 17th December), I've received no paperwork confirming I've got the job, and my contract hours haven't been changed (going from 29hrs to 35hrs).

How long does it reasonably take for my contract hours to be changed by the pay dept.?
Another guy in our office who just changed jobs at the start of January was told by our manager that "it could take months to change." Sounds like bs to me. Any ideas?
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Changing contracted hours.

Post by spen »

At a guess, id say it takes as long as the dom wants it to take
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Changing contracted hours.

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

5 min for dom to put it through on psp another 5 minutes for his dsm to authorise it, when those 5 minutes take place though are anyone's guess
Tiddler
Posts: 30
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 21:47
Gender: Male

Changing contracted hours.

Post by Tiddler »

We've been advised recently that all job changes that mean an increase in an individual's hours have to be approved by a director. If that's the case in deliveries it may be that your manager didn't realise and submitted it without this approval
SillySinStorm
Posts: 32
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 09:36
Gender: Male

Changing contracted hours.

Post by SillySinStorm »

My dom apparently shared out some spare leaver hours to a few of us in November. I've yet to receive them...
Wiggins79
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
Gender: Male

Changing contracted hours.

Post by Wiggins79 »

spen wrote:At a guess, id say it takes as long as the dom wants it to take
I've got a feeling that this will be closest to the truth.

My current plan is to give it 2 weeks and then say if they don't alter my hours, I'll just work to my current contract and he can find someone else to do the rest of the work.

Cheers for the advice guys though.