ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Tracycot
Posts: 16
Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 22:44
Gender: Female

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by Tracycot »

Feeling annoyed !!
hans solo
Posts: 3285
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by hans solo »

just today
i f***ing hate it all the time
i would take vr anytime :thumbup
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by spiderj »

Ihr
Starting to see how lucky I was
Last edited by spiderj on 11 Feb 2016, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
I won
ozcabs
Posts: 67
Joined: 09 Feb 2016, 14:03
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by ozcabs »

It was time for me to leave years ago
Scotland1
Posts: 180
Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
Gender: Female

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by Scotland1 »

Can u get a job for the same pay and still be in the house for 2-3pm every day
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by bustedflush »

Scotland1 wrote:Can u get a job for the same pay and still be in the house for 2-3pm every day
Yes - become a manager.
newboy23

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by newboy23 »

Scotland1 wrote:Can u get a job for the same pay and still be in the house for 2-3pm every day
How long do you think that will last ?
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Scotland1 wrote:Can u get a job for the same pay and still be in the house for 2-3pm every day
Pay isn't everything. Being happier in a job for less money maybe better for the poster.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by daveyeff »

shelf filler at Tesco?.... McDonalds? :Very Happy
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by borgpicard »

Wait till at least October, get your shares, and cash them in, thats all im waiting for. Im off after that.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by wacko74 »

Scotland1 wrote:Can u get a job for the same pay and still be in the house for 2-3pm every day
Well the £9 living wage is going to bring plenty of much easier, less physically demanding jobs a lot closer to our current pay levels.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by bustedflush »

wacko74 wrote:
Scotland1 wrote:Can u get a job for the same pay and still be in the house for 2-3pm every day
Well the £9 living wage is going to bring plenty of much easier, less physically demanding jobs a lot closer to our current pay levels.
Yep, ironic the T*ries seem to have done more for low wages (or will have done if targets met) than labour ever did - they removed the 10p tax band. So the T*ries WILL destroy RM but by the back-door. All the posties will leave! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by malcolm3011 »

borgpicard wrote:Wait till at least October, get your shares, and cash them in, thats all im waiting for. Im off after that.

Thats what alot of posties are saying :wave :wave :wave
Typhoon
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 26
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 21:37
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by Typhoon »

malcolm3011 wrote:
borgpicard wrote:Wait till at least October, get your shares, and cash them in, thats all im waiting for. Im off after that.

Thats what alot of posties are saying :wave :wave :wave
Left last year on good terms, glad to see the back of the DIM's etc, got a good price for my shares and have a fantastic new job after months of trying. Their is a bright future ahead. The pay for a postal worker is pretty poor for the amount of hard labour you do. Get the chance to get out...take it. :nana I think its only going to get worse for you guys and girls in future.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by arnold cheshire »

wacko74 wrote:
Scotland1 wrote:Can u get a job for the same pay and still be in the house for 2-3pm every day
Well the £9 living wage is going to bring plenty of much easier, less physically demanding jobs a lot closer to our current pay levels.
Doing 15hours in farm foods ? At£9 an hour wow