ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Misdelivery
-
Nobbylad
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery
I misdelivered today on a duty I'm still getting used to. No excuse really, clearly named house but I was rushing as I was behind and posted to the house before (mail skipped a house). I have done this before elsewhere and want to get out of it. Just wondered if it's something everyone does or is it just me?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3724
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery
Well I've done it too, especially on an unfamiliar round, 27A to 27, a semi detached with one door at the front and then the other house
at the sidethe side so the house looks like one house with one door from the front etc. just always immediately try and recover the mail and
if unable to recover the mail stick a white card (P6543) card through the door.
Easier said than done when under pressure but just try and take your time, ensure you do the flick
through the letters before you post.
Hopefully the person who got the mail is a good 'un who will just stick it through next door and is not one of those
who will make a 10 mile round trip to the delivery office to complain.
YB
at the sidethe side so the house looks like one house with one door from the front etc. just always immediately try and recover the mail and
if unable to recover the mail stick a white card (P6543) card through the door.
Easier said than done when under pressure but just try and take your time, ensure you do the flick
through the letters before you post.
Hopefully the person who got the mail is a good 'un who will just stick it through next door and is not one of those
who will make a 10 mile round trip to the delivery office to complain.
YB
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Misdelivery
It happens to everyone, even me and I've been on the same round for nearly a decade now.
What you should do is knock and attempt to retrieve the mail, if unable then Royal Mail should have given you a card to put through the door, which apologises for the misdelivery. Its called a P6543
What you should do is knock and attempt to retrieve the mail, if unable then Royal Mail should have given you a card to put through the door, which apologises for the misdelivery. Its called a P6543
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Nobbylad
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery
Thanks guys. I knocked but no answer. A bit worried about asking for the white cards as no one else seems to have them and don't want to spark anything up with the managers?
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery
Dont worry too much, because the latest royal fail push, from the top to us, it, not to give a fu ck, as nobody seems too any more
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Misdelivery
Nobbylad wrote:Thanks guys. I knocked but no answer. A bit worried about asking for the white cards as no one else seems to have them and don't want to spark anything up with the managers?
Use a blank form left. Where the address is just write "Sorry, I put the wrong mail through your door" or something along those lines. An apology usually stops complaints as everyone except RM management realise you can't be 100% right 100% of the time.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Misdelivery
as above if you know soon as you posted it,
i got collared yesterday without knowing, turns out next door don't get on but still took it round
apologise and blame the weather ;-)
i find if you accept it, even if it was the cover day before then most are fine
i got collared yesterday without knowing, turns out next door don't get on but still took it round
apologise and blame the weather ;-)
i find if you accept it, even if it was the cover day before then most are fine
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Misdelivery
It happens to all of us from time to time. I blame Royal Mail......having less time to deliver more mail to more addresses, household junk mail and RM 2000 frames (the old frames with pidgeon holes allowed you to double check the mail reducing the chances of miss-sorts).
-
castra
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery
Most folk are fine. I always offer a humble apology if they come down the street waving it around in the air. Last year I had some snarky Doris who kicked up a stink - a piece of addressed insurance company advertising tat was hooked up in a d2d. Aside from a face full of abuse, she stormed to the delivery office. In fairness, the DM was ok. He sussed her out as a psycho and that was the end of it.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Misdelivery
I do it or nearly do it a couple of times per week, the ones to watch are ...
1) When you have a longer walk between houses - gives you time to lose concentration while you walk.
2) When you move from a street numbered 2 4 6 etc to a 1 2 3 street - so easy to deliver post for 4 into number 3.
3) When you have a packet and no mail - easy to leave a P739 and put next doors post through with it.
4) Simliar numbered streets - with lots of small streets it is easy to get ahead of yourself and pick out the wrong bundle!
5) When someone talks to you - very easy to carry on delivering on automatic whilst not paying full attention.
1) When you have a longer walk between houses - gives you time to lose concentration while you walk.
2) When you move from a street numbered 2 4 6 etc to a 1 2 3 street - so easy to deliver post for 4 into number 3.
3) When you have a packet and no mail - easy to leave a P739 and put next doors post through with it.
4) Simliar numbered streets - with lots of small streets it is easy to get ahead of yourself and pick out the wrong bundle!
5) When someone talks to you - very easy to carry on delivering on automatic whilst not paying full attention.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery
Yes I do it about once or twice a month, I just knock on the door and if no reply put in a red slip apologising.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Misdelivery
6. When a house gets a letter every single day of the year, then one day you walk up their drive like you do every day, and they have nothing.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Misdelivery
Was the insurance tat for her or was it a mis-delivery? Surely she wasn't complaining just because it was inside a door to door?castra wrote:Most folk are fine. I always offer a humble apology if they come down the street waving it around in the air. Last year I had some snarky Doris who kicked up a stink - a piece of addressed insurance company advertising tat was hooked up in a d2d. Aside from a face full of abuse, she stormed to the delivery office. In fairness, the DM was ok. He sussed her out as a psycho and that was the end of it.
-
Nobbylad
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Misdelivery
Whilst I didn't misdeliver today (to my knowledge) I asked about the White cards. Apparently Royal Mail aren't using them anymore?
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Misdelivery
yep this is easily donedfubster wrote:I've done it before when there is a number 13 missing and no 11a/12a in its place