ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Where can I find Detailed Employment Policy Documents?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Where can I find Detailed Employment Policy Documents?

Post by woopesh »

I had a run in with my DOM regarding Banking Hours (overtime cancelled by finishing undertime) recently. So I tried to find the Employment Policy documents online to see what the rules were. How is it that you can only access Detailed Employment Policy Documents through the PSP in the office, access to which is controlled by the DOM? Anyone else find this wierd? That the rules aren't out there for everyone to see? Or is it me? Are the detailed employment policy documents out there accessible to all? Summary policy documents can be found through the myroyalmail website, but these lack detail. Many thanks.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Where can I find Detailed Employment Policy Documents?

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

the download section on here has most policy documents, in fact at the top of every page on this site there is a link to royal mail employment policies,

unfortunately you are looking for rules regarding banking of hours, there is no agreement between CWU and RM on banking of hours, so there are no rules on it, it is simply something that has not been agreed and not allowed, so if a dom tries to do it, you simply need to get rep to put in a disagreement over it, that will get it stopped very quickly
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Where can I find Detailed Employment Policy Documents?

Post by woopesh »

I talked to my Union Rep regarding the Employment Policy Documents. The Rep said there are just too many files to be able to lend me them all, but would be happy to lend me binders about specific topics. The Rep said it was just better to ask, as union Reps have to read and understand them all.

I think being able to access this sort of knowledge by asking a friendly face in the office is well worth the CWU weekly fee!
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Where can I find Detailed Employment Policy Documents?

Post by NewPostieUK »

woopesh wrote:I had a run in with my DOM regarding Banking Hours (overtime cancelled by finishing undertime)
This doesn't sound like banking hours. It sounds like you finished early, or on time, having done some overtime. You can't expect to be paid for hours you don't work.
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Where can I find Detailed Employment Policy Documents?

Post by steve1873 »

NewPostieUK wrote:
woopesh wrote:I had a run in with my DOM regarding Banking Hours (overtime cancelled by finishing undertime)
This doesn't sound like banking hours. It sounds like you finished early, or on time, having done some overtime. You can't expect to be paid for hours you don't work.
No, I think the OP means overtime worked on say a Monday, cancelled due to finishing earlier on a Tuesday (for example).

Simple solution. Raise a disagreement and refuse to work any overtime until it is dealt with to your satisfaction. We don't work flexitime. Unless the 30 min flex rule is implemented and agreed to by both parties. Any other banking of hours is unacceptable. It is up to the management to find you work on any given day. However, I would be inclined on any day I finish early to approach lino or DOM and ask if there is any other work to fill your hours that day before going home, just so that if they tried to pull this trick, it could be used against them.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Where can I find Detailed Employment Policy Documents?

Post by NewPostieUK »

steve1873 wrote: No, I think the OP means overtime worked on say a Monday, cancelled due to finishing earlier on a Tuesday (for example).
Ah, I see. That is despicable.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Where can I find Detailed Employment Policy Documents?

Post by woopesh »

Yes its exactly this.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Where can I find Detailed Employment Policy Documents?

Post by fishtank »

There's a simple solution to a lot of this made up bollocks, just smile and ask for it in writing, in this case an explanation as to why your manager is withholding payment of wages.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share