ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
I am newbie on a 25hour contract. If during the week, I do 1 hour overtime, say on Monday but on Tuesday finish 1 hour before time, is the DOM allowed to "cancel" the overtime payment for Monday? One of them is trying to do this to me right now. It doesn't seem right.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
-
eggraidonmojo
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
but maybe try and avoid coming back an hour early, as they may start talking about 'flexing' your time.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
There is no agreement on banking of hours (this what your dom is trying to do) if he tries it get your rep to lodge a disagreement over it
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
What is flexing your time?eggraidonmojo wrote:but maybe try and avoid coming back an hour early, as they may start talking about 'flexing' your time.
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
always found this annoying doing overtime on a tuesday. I may do an hours overtime, everyone else finishes an hour early, i finish an hour early too but the overtime takes me up to my finish time, the result is i dont get any extra pay yet i do more work
-
MrJordan
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 16 Jan 2016, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
If I was told that then I'd ask them what they wanted me to do until my finish time.
I claimed OT every day last week but yesterday and today I was back 55 and 45 minutes early and nothing was said. But then again, our DOM and linos seem pretty decent compared to what I've read on here.
I claimed OT every day last week but yesterday and today I was back 55 and 45 minutes early and nothing was said. But then again, our DOM and linos seem pretty decent compared to what I've read on here.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
Don't do it then,simplessophie97 wrote:always found this annoying doing overtime on a tuesday. I may do an hours overtime, everyone else finishes an hour early, i finish an hour early too but the overtime takes me up to my finish time, the result is i dont get any extra pay yet i do more work
-
HarryPoorer
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
over the week we get paid by however many minutes we go over 39 hours, sometimes being a minute! fair enough so we don't go back until times up. Others cheat if they're the faves.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
no ,ask him to see the agreement for BANKING HOURS, mention grievance form, lolwoopesh wrote:I am newbie on a 25hour contract. If during the week, I do 1 hour overtime, say on Monday but on Tuesday finish 1 hour before time, is the DOM allowed to "cancel" the overtime payment for Monday? One of them is trying to do this to me right now. It doesn't seem right.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
You are getting an hours overtime, no? Therefore you are getting 9 hours pay for 8 hours work, the others are getting 8 hours pay for 7 hours work. You are both scoring an hour, but you are being paid an additional hour, no?sophie97 wrote:always found this annoying doing overtime on a tuesday. I may do an hours overtime, everyone else finishes an hour early, i finish an hour early too but the overtime takes me up to my finish time, the result is i dont get any extra pay yet i do more work
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
Its not national agreement but royal mail appear to be working towards this pattern.
I think that was the idea behind the 30 mins flex anyway. Your best bet would always be to work as close to your end time as you can
I think that was the idea behind the 30 mins flex anyway. Your best bet would always be to work as close to your end time as you can
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
How can overtime take you to your finish time? Your finish time is exactly that, working until that time doesn't get you any overtime no matter how early other people finish.sophie97 wrote:always found this annoying doing overtime on a tuesday. I may do an hours overtime, everyone else finishes an hour early, i finish an hour early too but the overtime takes me up to my finish time, the result is i dont get any extra pay yet i do more work
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
Surreypostie wrote:How can overtime take you to your finish time? Your finish time is exactly that, working until that time doesn't get you any overtime no matter how early other people finish.sophie97 wrote:always found this annoying doing overtime on a tuesday. I may do an hours overtime, everyone else finishes an hour early, i finish an hour early too but the overtime takes me up to my finish time, the result is i dont get any extra pay yet i do more work
one word. Ghost
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Going overtime and then finishing faster than time cancels overtime pay?
I'm quite sure there would be legal implications if you have signed for it on the Monday. If you haven't already signed for it then argue but take it as a lesson learned if you lose.