ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Are the people in charge clueless?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sophie97
Posts: 169
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
Gender: Female

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by sophie97 »

• most, if not all offices are understaffed, mine currently needs 5 and thats before anyone goes sick.
• Alot of employees are also off work due to the heavy workload and the abusive management causing stress
• workload is forever increasing, extra lapsing, parcels increasing, collections being added on to walks, new builds added on to dutys yet no time extra given, mail no decreasing at the rate they expected, if at all. magazines seem to be increasing.
•full timers leaving and being replaced with part timers, meaning not enough staff to sort and prep.
•fleet is in a terrible state, all our vehicles are old, dirty and covered in dents, some I would say are not road worthy. Some break down on a daily basis, and others need jump starting every morning.

however..... all I hear about is more cuts to staff and pay cuts for us! to top it all off they are talking about increasing walk lengths, as if they are not long enough as it is! Its a joke and If their plans go ahead, I can see it coming back to bite them
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by GRS »

Vindictive I would have said. It really seems that the management at all levels have a pathological hate of postmen and are determined to hammer them into the ground. This vindictiveness seems to be overriding any sensible decisions that should and need to be taken.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by noggin1969 »

Unfortunately t
Last edited by noggin1969 on 01 Feb 2024, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

noggin1969 wrote:Unfortunately the people at the very top are not clueless they are cutting cost to increase profits for the major share holders , the staff will just be collateral damage in that process.
Yes its all about the Money they don,t give a toss about the customers or the people who work here :arrrghhh
madmax1
Posts: 72
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by madmax1 »

.
Last edited by madmax1 on 21 Dec 2016, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by wacko74 »

It still seems to be delivery that is getting hammered relentlessly... whenever I have cause to go to an MC the working environment is notably more 'relaxed'.
In The Know
Posts: 50
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by In The Know »

The mails dropped off hasn't it.
HarryPoorer
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by HarryPoorer »

Just get rid of linos at £30k+ each plus £3k bonus, 5 spare ones here, big cash savings, many guys sat at home from 1pm on pay til 3 , others claiming til 5pm, management are useless, can't see the wasted money if it bit them on the arse!
Then wasting stationery etc, .....
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by Deadly »

wacko74 wrote:It still seems to be delivery that is getting hammered relentlessly... whenever I have cause to go to an MC the working environment is notably more 'relaxed'.
I'd agree with this, it really is like two totally different companies.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12185
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Deadly wrote:
wacko74 wrote:It still seems to be delivery that is getting hammered relentlessly... whenever I have cause to go to an MC the working environment is notably more 'relaxed'.
I'd agree with this, it really is like two totally different companies.
DOs aren't the only offices short on staff, most shifts in most MCs are also short on staff and I wouldn't be surprised if RM wanted to cut even more hours out for the next financial year.
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by Deadly »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Deadly wrote:
wacko74 wrote:It still seems to be delivery that is getting hammered relentlessly... whenever I have cause to go to an MC the working environment is notably more 'relaxed'.
I'd agree with this, it really is like two totally different companies.
DOs aren't the only offices short on staff, most shifts in most MCs are also short on staff and I wouldn't be surprised if RM wanted to cut even more hours out for the next financial year.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see hours taken out of MCs. The big difference is that RM seem only too happy to send in agency workers when it looks like the job is going to fail.
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by steve1873 »

We were told in WTL that they want to reduce the size of the fleet as they are paying too much for repairs etc. Apparently it is a flat £150 fee for mechanic to come out and even change a tyre (which we are not allowed to do).

Now, it strikes me as quite obvious that there would be a huge increase in vehicle maintenance costs and repairs, given the increase in vehicles in each office - but apparently the people paid £50k+ for sitting in an office didn't envisage this would ever be the case and now see this as an area to attempt to reduce costs. You couldn't make that up! :left:
bobthepostie
Posts: 135
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by bobthepostie »

sophie97 wrote:• most, if not all offices are understaffed, mine currently needs 5 and thats before anyone goes sick.
• Alot of employees are also off work due to the heavy workload and the abusive management causing stress
• workload is forever increasing, extra lapsing, parcels increasing, collections being added on to walks, new builds added on to dutys yet no time extra given, mail no decreasing at the rate they expected, if at all. magazines seem to be increasing.
•full timers leaving and being replaced with part timers, meaning not enough staff to sort and prep.
•fleet is in a terrible state, all our vehicles are old, dirty and covered in dents, some I would say are not road worthy. Some break down on a daily basis, and others need jump starting every morning.

however..... all I hear about is more cuts to staff and pay cuts for us! to top it all off they are talking about increasing walk lengths, as if they are not long enough as it is! Its a joke and If their plans go ahead, I can see it coming back to bite them

Described my office to an absolute T
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by tansorboy »

Deadly wrote:
wacko74 wrote:It still seems to be delivery that is getting hammered relentlessly... whenever I have cause to go to an MC the working environment is notably more 'relaxed'.
I'd agree with this, it really is like two totally different companies.
I second that. They all look happy to me whenever I visit my local MC.
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Are the people in charge clueless?

Post by Nondescript »

Royal Mail line managers are duplicitous, underhanded, snide, profligate (when it comes to their productivity versus wages ratio) scum. That is all.