ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.
Been doing a bit of overtime recently and looking to do more (on my day off), but was wondering if it's allowable to ask at other local DO's (I drive past 2 on my way to work) if they have overtime going. Obviously I would need to look into whether there is indeed O/T going in that office after all staff there have been asked first, and also check if there is any official/unofficial ban on O/T in place in these places.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.
In my interview they told me you could do overtime in any Royal Mail DO. My colleagues who are reserves also do overtime in various offices. Maybe pop in with your ID and see the various managers?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.
Do you have business car insurance
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.
Good point. I switched my car insurance to business cover specifically for this purpose. Not sure if it made a difference to my premium because I added another driver at the same time. I am sure if the "business" miles are low, it won't make much difference.zx135 wrote:Do you have business car insurance
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.
To be honest, the DO that is closest to me is a 15 minute walk away, so I would probably just walk/cycle there.zx135 wrote:Do you have business car insurance