ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dealings with the IB
-
Nobbylad
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
Just wondered if anyone cared to share their dealings with the IB? I'm a postie within my first six months and sometimes notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery. I've heard lots of horror stories about them so think I'm just paranoid. I'm moved about a lot so never get to know the customers. Just wondered if they were watching me would they eventually make themselves known, ask to see ID or anything, check van or whatever? Can they be on private property or only in a public area?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Dealings with the IB
There everywhere!
Take to wearing a tin foil hat and you should be okay.
Take to wearing a tin foil hat and you should be okay.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Dealings with the IB
Lock the van up and nothing in front and never leave mail unattended and you've nothing to worryNobbylad wrote:Just wondered if anyone cared to share their dealings with the IB? I'm a postie within my first six months and sometimes notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery. I've heard lots of horror stories about them so think I'm just paranoid. I'm moved about a lot so never get to know the customers. Just wondered if they were watching me would they eventually make themselves known, ask to see ID or anything, check van or whatever? Can they be on private property or only in a public area?
Thanks in advance.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Dealings with the IB
Ask to see their ID if approached
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery.
It's the general public,the feckers get everywhere!
It's the general public,the feckers get everywhere!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
RM are looking to get rid of people. Sackings are cheaper than ERVs. Under the current climate do everything by the book. If you see anyone acting strangely call the Police.Nobbylad wrote:Just wondered if anyone cared to share their dealings with the IB? I'm a postie within my first six months and sometimes notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery. I've heard lots of horror stories about them so think I'm just paranoid. I'm moved about a lot so never get to know the customers. Just wondered if they were watching me would they eventually make themselves known, ask to see ID or anything, check van or whatever? Can they be on private property or only in a public area?
Thanks in advance.
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
As above, plus don't leave tracked packets in "safe places" unless they are an official safe place, even then use your common sense!arnold cheshire wrote:Lock the van up and nothing in front and never leave mail unattended and you've nothing to worryNobbylad wrote:Just wondered if anyone cared to share their dealings with the IB? I'm a postie within my first six months and sometimes notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery. I've heard lots of horror stories about them so think I'm just paranoid. I'm moved about a lot so never get to know the customers. Just wondered if they were watching me would they eventually make themselves known, ask to see ID or anything, check van or whatever? Can they be on private property or only in a public area?
Thanks in advance.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
Phone the Police...Tell them someone's acting suspiciously and you believe they may be trying to steal the mail. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
postmandick
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
Hi following on from Dorset Plodders comment ...... I did that years ago ......had to use red phone box......it was that long ago
but I was being trailed by two men in suits .......just that whenever I turned a corner they would be there...... they disappeared and then reappeared on my next road
So i went into Phone box called 999 and they gave me the great advice of ...... carry on delivering and if approached run away
Great advice but when i got back to office my manager was there waiting to grill/shout at me for upsetting the IB
found out later a postman was intercepting bank cards and pin number and they thought it was me ...... he got 6 Mnths in Prison
So do your job properly don't cut corners and don't leave items on display in van or at customers house and use the trolley
Simple as
but I was being trailed by two men in suits .......just that whenever I turned a corner they would be there...... they disappeared and then reappeared on my next road
So i went into Phone box called 999 and they gave me the great advice of ...... carry on delivering and if approached run away
Great advice but when i got back to office my manager was there waiting to grill/shout at me for upsetting the IB
found out later a postman was intercepting bank cards and pin number and they thought it was me ...... he got 6 Mnths in Prison
So do your job properly don't cut corners and don't leave items on display in van or at customers house and use the trolley
Simple as
-
HarryPoorer
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
not using the trolley won't get James Bond following you! 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Dealings with the IB
HarryPoorer wrote:not using the trolley won't get James Bond following you!
With IB its more likely to be
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:HarryPoorer wrote:not using the trolley won't get James Bond following you!
With IB its more likely to be
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Dealings with the IB
100 miles away from London ( IB officer from London ) stopped me today and asked for my ID and looked all around my van ( locked or not or anything on front seat )..any " special " in my rain coat pocket .... yes watch out there is IB about ...
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Dealings with the IB
Did he/she show you their ID?Gold Fox wrote:100 miles away from London ( IB officer from London ) stopped me today and asked for my ID and looked all around my van ( locked or not or anything on front seat )..any " special " in my rain coat pocket .... yes watch out there is IB about ...
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
aposter
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
I got stopped by one of the feckers a while back, he started asking allsorts of questions that I couldn't fathom the logic of. Turned out he had crossed an area Postcode boundary without realising
