ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dealings with the IB

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Nobbylad
Posts: 12
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 20:19
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by Nobbylad »

Just wondered if anyone cared to share their dealings with the IB? I'm a postie within my first six months and sometimes notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery. I've heard lots of horror stories about them so think I'm just paranoid. I'm moved about a lot so never get to know the customers. Just wondered if they were watching me would they eventually make themselves known, ask to see ID or anything, check van or whatever? Can they be on private property or only in a public area?

Thanks in advance.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Dealings with the IB

Post by General Mannerheim »

There everywhere! :nervous
Take to wearing a tin foil hat and you should be okay. :shhhhh
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Dealings with the IB

Post by arnold cheshire »

Nobbylad wrote:Just wondered if anyone cared to share their dealings with the IB? I'm a postie within my first six months and sometimes notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery. I've heard lots of horror stories about them so think I'm just paranoid. I'm moved about a lot so never get to know the customers. Just wondered if they were watching me would they eventually make themselves known, ask to see ID or anything, check van or whatever? Can they be on private property or only in a public area?

Thanks in advance.
Lock the van up and nothing in front and never leave mail unattended and you've nothing to worry
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Dealings with the IB

Post by arnold cheshire »

Ask to see their ID if approached
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by POSTMAN »

notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery.

It's the general public,the feckers get everywhere! :nervous
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by Pompey Boy »

Nobbylad wrote:Just wondered if anyone cared to share their dealings with the IB? I'm a postie within my first six months and sometimes notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery. I've heard lots of horror stories about them so think I'm just paranoid. I'm moved about a lot so never get to know the customers. Just wondered if they were watching me would they eventually make themselves known, ask to see ID or anything, check van or whatever? Can they be on private property or only in a public area?

Thanks in advance.
RM are looking to get rid of people. Sackings are cheaper than ERVs. Under the current climate do everything by the book. If you see anyone acting strangely call the Police.
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by greengiant »

arnold cheshire wrote:
Nobbylad wrote:Just wondered if anyone cared to share their dealings with the IB? I'm a postie within my first six months and sometimes notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery. I've heard lots of horror stories about them so think I'm just paranoid. I'm moved about a lot so never get to know the customers. Just wondered if they were watching me would they eventually make themselves known, ask to see ID or anything, check van or whatever? Can they be on private property or only in a public area?

Thanks in advance.
Lock the van up and nothing in front and never leave mail unattended and you've nothing to worry
As above, plus don't leave tracked packets in "safe places" unless they are an official safe place, even then use your common sense!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Phone the Police...Tell them someone's acting suspiciously and you believe they may be trying to steal the mail. :dance
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
postmandick
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:35
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by postmandick »

Hi following on from Dorset Plodders comment ...... I did that years ago ......had to use red phone box......it was that long ago :Very Happy

but I was being trailed by two men in suits .......just that whenever I turned a corner they would be there...... they disappeared and then reappeared on my next road :hmmmm

So i went into Phone box called 999 and they gave me the great advice of ...... carry on delivering and if approached run away :chuckle

Great advice but when i got back to office my manager was there waiting to grill/shout at me for upsetting the IB

found out later a postman was intercepting bank cards and pin number and they thought it was me ...... he got 6 Mnths in Prison :shock:

So do your job properly don't cut corners and don't leave items on display in van or at customers house and use the trolley

Simple as :nana
HarryPoorer
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by HarryPoorer »

not using the trolley won't get James Bond following you! :Very Happy
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Dealings with the IB

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

HarryPoorer wrote:not using the trolley won't get James Bond following you! :Very Happy

With IB its more likely to be Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by bustedflush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
HarryPoorer wrote:not using the trolley won't get James Bond following you! :Very Happy

With IB its more likely to be Image

:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Dealings with the IB

Post by Gold Fox »

100 miles away from London ( IB officer from London ) stopped me today and asked for my ID and looked all around my van ( locked or not or anything on front seat )..any " special " in my rain coat pocket .... yes watch out there is IB about ...
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Dealings with the IB

Post by DB1100 »

Gold Fox wrote:100 miles away from London ( IB officer from London ) stopped me today and asked for my ID and looked all around my van ( locked or not or anything on front seat )..any " special " in my rain coat pocket .... yes watch out there is IB about ...
Did he/she show you their ID?
For we were soldiers once,and young
aposter
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 205
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by aposter »

I got stopped by one of the feckers a while back, he started asking allsorts of questions that I couldn't fathom the logic of. Turned out he had crossed an area Postcode boundary without realising :left: :left: