ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I've just had my worse day yet.
-
MrJordan
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 16 Jan 2016, 16:54
- Gender: Male
I've just had my worse day yet.
This is a little bit of a moan and also a little bit of asking for advice.
I'm PT starting at 08:25. My partner always has the d2ds prepped in the morning so I've never had to do them. He's been off sick today so someone else prepped both the frames. Somehow I didn't notice that they didn't put in todays d2ds as I'm so use to coming in, sorting out the remaining packets and bundling up. I didn't realise until I was out on delivery and noticed that there wasn't any d2ds. Obviously this is the first time this has happened and a guy in the locker said not to worry about it and to throw them in today and deliver on monday.
Then I had some no access mail that I ended up keeping in my bag and only just noticed an hour ago. Rang the DOM and he said not to worry about it.
Feel like a bloody idiot today and can't stop worrying about these two stupid mistakes, should I be? I've felt pretty rough all day with a cold but that's not exactly an excuse.
I'm PT starting at 08:25. My partner always has the d2ds prepped in the morning so I've never had to do them. He's been off sick today so someone else prepped both the frames. Somehow I didn't notice that they didn't put in todays d2ds as I'm so use to coming in, sorting out the remaining packets and bundling up. I didn't realise until I was out on delivery and noticed that there wasn't any d2ds. Obviously this is the first time this has happened and a guy in the locker said not to worry about it and to throw them in today and deliver on monday.
Then I had some no access mail that I ended up keeping in my bag and only just noticed an hour ago. Rang the DOM and he said not to worry about it.
Feel like a bloody idiot today and can't stop worrying about these two stupid mistakes, should I be? I've felt pretty rough all day with a cold but that's not exactly an excuse.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
I've just had my worse day yet.
A new start in our office misdelivered an entire streets worth of mail, got the two confused, took the wpc half an hour knocking on doors to try and recover it. That I call a bad day.
Don't worry about the D2Ds, you notified them, they'll go out Monday, end of.
Don't worry about the D2Ds, you notified them, they'll go out Monday, end of.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
I've just had my worse day yet.
Hahaha, the office I'm currently working in certain people take home the d2d's to prep them then you never see them again...
Today I used a bag that hasn't been used for at least 2 months (before I started covering the walk) and found a parcel in it.
Don't sweat little things like that, shouldn't happen but they do, 99% of the time nothing ever comes of it.
Today I used a bag that hasn't been used for at least 2 months (before I started covering the walk) and found a parcel in it.
Don't sweat little things like that, shouldn't happen but they do, 99% of the time nothing ever comes of it.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
I've just had my worse day yet.
If it's not your job to prep, why worry about door to doors? This regularly happens to me and I don't say anything to anyone. I don't prep, so if they've been done I take them out, if not they stay on the shelf.
As far as I'm concerned, the prepper must have had problems with his workload and told the manager, who will do something about it.
As far as I'm concerned, the prepper must have had problems with his workload and told the manager, who will do something about it.
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
I've just had my worse day yet.
.
Last edited by madmax1 on 21 Dec 2016, 21:28, edited 2 times in total.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
I've just had my worse day yet.
This happened to me. HCT duty in my 2nd week, first time delivering by myself. There's about a 1/3 mile dead walk over a 45 degree railway bridge between the two estates. Walked up the bridge, delivered the mail, walked back over the bridge, realised what I'd done, and had to walk back again to try and get the mail back. Got back to the office about 5pm that day, in pouring rain, felt like quitting.norm wrote:A new start in our office misdelivered an entire streets worth of mail, got the two confused, took the wpc half an hour knocking on doors to try and recover it. That I call a bad day.![]()
Don't worry about the D2Ds, you notified them, they'll go out Monday, end of.
-
MrJordan
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 16 Jan 2016, 16:54
- Gender: Male
I've just had my worse day yet.
Sounds like I'm making it out to be more serious than it is. What's the rule on calling managers after hours? I felt a tad silly ringing the DOM on a Saturday evening but I thought it'd be best rather than coming in on Monday with mail that's been in my bag all weekend...
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
I've just had my worse day yet.
Be careful of some of the advice on here, it's not always that clever.madmax1 wrote:Good suggestion newpostie. I'm going to try that approach. I've been busting a gut trying to do all the d2d's on a 5hr P/T contract.
If you get in and the D2D isn't prepped inform management and ask them what they want done inside your contracted hours of course, don't be tempted just to "leave them on the shelf". That's a mistake that could cost you a job.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
I've just had my worse day yet.
Would you adopt the same attitude if the second wave sequenced mail hadn't been thrown in?NewPostieUK wrote:If it's not your job to prep, why worry about door to doors? This regularly happens to me and I don't say anything to anyone. I don't prep, so if they've been done I take them out, if not they stay on the shelf.
As far as I'm concerned, the prepper must have had problems with his workload and told the manager, who will do something about it.
Would it be acceptable to just leave that "on the shelf"?
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
Dazsw
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 17:36
- Gender: Male
I've just had my worse day yet.
D2D are to be treated the same as normal mail, it's not your fault if they are not in the frame.
But, once you notice they are not in, then best get it sorted....as you will end up taking them out anyway.
But, once you notice they are not in, then best get it sorted....as you will end up taking them out anyway.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
I've just had my worse day yet.
I suppose I'd ask the manager why it was there, and not prepped, and what he is going to do about it. I take your point, but it's a little different. That mail has to go out that day, the door to doors have to go out before the end of the week.motherhubbard wrote:Would you adopt the same attitude if the second wave sequenced mail hadn't been thrown in?NewPostieUK wrote:If it's not your job to prep, why worry about door to doors? This regularly happens to me and I don't say anything to anyone. I don't prep, so if they've been done I take them out, if not they stay on the shelf.
As far as I'm concerned, the prepper must have had problems with his workload and told the manager, who will do something about it.
Would it be acceptable to just leave that "on the shelf"?
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
I've just had my worse day yet.
.
Last edited by madmax1 on 21 Dec 2016, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
I've just had my worse day yet.
Just remember Madmax.... because Households (D2Ds) are classed as "Live" Mail you are entitled to be paid to throw them off. Too many idiots throw them off in their own time, all this does is distort the length of their Preparation, and therefore as a knock on their Delivery Time. 
I take great pleasure in throwing them off in the morning before my Mech....and then saying to the DOM, "Well that's another half hour you've got to pay me for"! I normally get a shitty look in return!
Never throw them off in your own time. You're just putting money in the DOMs pocket. 
I take great pleasure in throwing them off in the morning before my Mech....and then saying to the DOM, "Well that's another half hour you've got to pay me for"! I normally get a shitty look in return!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)