We have been told by our DOM that PDA straps that break will now no longer be replaced.
From a health & safety point this cannot be right. I would be interested to hear from anyone
else if they have come across this. Cheers
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA Straps
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
PDA Straps
Not had one on mine for months, the stupid little plastic straps at the bottom broke so I just unclipped the flapping strap off
-
spiro
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 17 Nov 2013, 16:13
- Gender: Male
PDA Straps
Mine broke ages ago, I just put my PDA in the side pocket of my trousers now.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
PDA Straps
There are so many shortfalls of the existing PDAs. What baffles me the most is the charging docks in the vans, the metal pin interface on the PDA actually damages the docking connector after a relatively short space of time, it's not fit for purpose at all.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
PDA Straps
But we will all be getting new PDAs "soon".

-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
PDA Straps
We were told the same,I think after a couple got dropped and damaged they changed their mind, as this week they all suddenly have straps.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
PDA Straps
We are using some that have the glass cover over the laser broken,some that have the batteries held on by black and nasty,it's a fecking shambles.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
maninred
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: In trouble....again
PDA Straps
I log PDA's with broken straps on the IT Self Service Centre as a damaged PDA.
A replacement PDA is normally sent out the next day.
A replacement PDA is normally sent out the next day.
-
gone postal
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
- Gender: Male
PDA Straps
:maninred wrote:I log PDA's with broken straps on the IT Self Service Centre as a damaged PDA.
A replacement PDA is normally sent out the next day.
Cheers for that I will let our locker guy know
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
PDA Straps
The batteries are a far bigger issue than the straps. Lifted one out on Saturday before I left it was at 100%, 30 minutes later it was beeping at me telling me it had low battery with it flickering between 15% & 40%.