ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Shoving ALL D2D in frame
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Shoving ALL D2D in frame
Every monday morning I come in to find my frame has all the D2Ds shoved in making it a nightmare to prep and pull out. I just want to deliver 20% a day which is what I am doing but it means I have to seperate the letters from the D2D, thus prep takes longer and I'm getting out later than I should be. Told manager I didnt like it and he said just take them where you're going (yeah good one, that means I'm delivering more than 20%). The rest of the office get left alone, probably because they all come in early on mon/tues to shove them all in and by midweek most of them are gone. Fair enough if thats how you want to do them but I don't. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do to stop them putting them all in?
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
You could always just take out all but monday's before you start sorting. Then just leave them under your frame to throw out throughout the week.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
I know what I would do. Remove the 80% (or whatever % you don't want to do). Mark your D2D sheet accordingly and let your lino know what you have done. End of 
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
what if you have 5 or 6 sets....are they ALL prepped in?... who does it, and where do they get the time to do it?Jpro747 wrote:Every monday morning I come in to find my frame has all the D2Ds shoved in making it a nightmare to prep and pull out. I just want to deliver 20% a day which is what I am doing but it means I have to seperate the letters from the D2D, thus prep takes longer and I'm getting out later than I should be. Told manager I didnt like it and he said just take them where you're going (yeah good one, that means I'm delivering more than 20%). The rest of the office get left alone, probably because they all come in early on mon/tues to shove them all in and by midweek most of them are gone. Fair enough if thats how you want to do them but I don't. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do to stop them putting them all in?
-
mccoop
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 16:19
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
They are classed as 1st class mail,do all in frame .Before you go out tell your Manager you will be leaving two loops so you can finish on time.Bundied all loops up! 
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
so your doing 20% per day, and manager wants to have 100% percent prepped in on a monday, neither of you are spreading the work over the full 6 days, if you were spreading it over the full six days I would have suggested getting your rep to lodge a disagreement over it as dom is moving work from one day to another, it would be a petty thing for a disagreement but should win
-
Kobi72
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
You only have to do 20% a day,just take them out like I do,if I'm on a duty for one day & someone's put them all,I will take the 80 % out & put them back in later.otherwise people will just stitch you up all the time
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
So just take where you are going? OK, but if the frame has double slots (which the majority do in our office), that would mean you'd have to mark the D2D which of the two calls it is for!!Jpro747 wrote:Every monday morning I come in to find my frame has all the D2Ds shoved in making it a nightmare to prep and pull out. I just want to deliver 20% a day which is what I am doing but it means I have to seperate the letters from the D2D, thus prep takes longer and I'm getting out later than I should be. Told manager I didnt like it and he said just take them where you're going (yeah good one, that means I'm delivering more than 20%). The rest of the office get left alone, probably because they all come in early on mon/tues to shove them all in and by midweek most of them are gone. Fair enough if thats how you want to do them but I don't. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do to stop them putting them all in?
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
Why don't you take them ALL out frame - it must be at least 50% quicker to sort without all that shite in frame.
when you grab a loop out the frame stick enough D2D on the bottom of the bundle, repeat until you have 20% (one row of the frame??)
Leave rest on bench - you have already wasted your time taking them out the frame. Ask whoever put them in not to do it, if they do, same will happen.
when you grab a loop out the frame stick enough D2D on the bottom of the bundle, repeat until you have 20% (one row of the frame??)
Leave rest on bench - you have already wasted your time taking them out the frame. Ask whoever put them in not to do it, if they do, same will happen.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
To be pedantic anything on the frame is live mail. Taking them back out after being placed there could cause friction with your manager.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
Surely the best answer was from mccoop. Take the whole bleeding lot out on delivery then make contact at lunchtime when it has become apparent that you will be unable to complete the duty. I reckon that's a couple of loops to bring back, or thereabouts.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
Take it all out and bring it back that will piss them off big time.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
If you're getting them thrown-off you're very lucky! Is it because you are slow and frequently use them as a 'time excuse' so the DIM or lino is getting them done for you? So who is throwing them in, and more importantly, why? I wish some bugger'd do mine. Remember Monday has quite a lot of mail calls and few packets usually, so it's a great opportunity to lose 70% of them within your time and lighten the load for the heavier days further along the week. The majority in my DO do this.Jpro747 wrote:Every monday morning I come in to find my frame has all the D2Ds shoved in making it a nightmare to prep and pull out. I just want to deliver 20% a day which is what I am doing but it means I have to seperate the letters from the D2D, thus prep takes longer and I'm getting out later than I should be. Told manager I didnt like it and he said just take them where you're going (yeah good one, that means I'm delivering more than 20%). The rest of the office get left alone, probably because they all come in early on mon/tues to shove them all in and by midweek most of them are gone. Fair enough if thats how you want to do them but I don't. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do to stop them putting them all in?
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
I think there is a reasonable case for removing some of the prepped D2D before you start putting letters in the frame, if there is a concern over the bundle weights (or even the LWT/HCT weight), perhaps in relation to a known issue you have (eg. bad back).
If by taking where you are going with other mail, you feel you will go over your contract hours, follow the over-running procedure and decide if you want the overtime or not.
Who is doing this D2D prep, an OPG or a lino?
If it is an OPG, are they being paid overtime for it, or is it being done outside contract hours?
If by taking where you are going with other mail, you feel you will go over your contract hours, follow the over-running procedure and decide if you want the overtime or not.
Who is doing this D2D prep, an OPG or a lino?
If it is an OPG, are they being paid overtime for it, or is it being done outside contract hours?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Shoving ALL D2D in frame
Where does it say 20% per day?Kobi72 wrote:You only have to do 20% a day,just take them out like I do,if I'm on a duty for one day & someone's put them all,I will take the 80 % out & put them back in later.otherwise people will just stitch you up all the time