ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
holidays
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: holidays
There is nothing in any national agreement that even says that there must be a summer or winter leave selection, our office works on full year selection that way lower down staff who don't get a decent week in summer can pick the best of winter if they wish
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: holidays
our annual leave runs from the beginning of april to end of march.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: holidays
I would have thought that in such a large business as ours there would be a standard, and effective, way of booking holidays?
Instead I expect everyone on this forum would be able to tell you of a different system used in their DO.
"Provided everyone gets their leave sorted whats the problem? We should be allowed to use what ever system we want"! I hear you cry. However in my experience everybody doesn't get the leave they want....and I'm not talking about everyone wanting the same week. How often have you gone into the office with possibly 4 different weeks and been told they're all boooked up? In my office is seems to boil down to who moans the most, and loudest,and most frequently!
And they get their leave FFS!
They're the type of people who have their entire year of days off marked on their year planner so thy NEVER book any leave when it's their long weekend. And they normally spend about 15 mins every morning microscopically examining the leave sheet with their diaries open. Fair enough they're a bit more organised than most, where their leave's concerned, but I would like to see a more transparent, and visible, system of allocating leave. Not just a leave sheet being pinned up with all the best weeks already allocated!
"Provided everyone gets their leave sorted whats the problem? We should be allowed to use what ever system we want"! I hear you cry. However in my experience everybody doesn't get the leave they want....and I'm not talking about everyone wanting the same week. How often have you gone into the office with possibly 4 different weeks and been told they're all boooked up? In my office is seems to boil down to who moans the most, and loudest,and most frequently!
They're the type of people who have their entire year of days off marked on their year planner so thy NEVER book any leave when it's their long weekend. And they normally spend about 15 mins every morning microscopically examining the leave sheet with their diaries open. Fair enough they're a bit more organised than most, where their leave's concerned, but I would like to see a more transparent, and visible, system of allocating leave. Not just a leave sheet being pinned up with all the best weeks already allocated!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: holidays
I'd just be happy if the annual leave was sorted when it is supposed to be.
We're still waiting for next years final picks
We're still waiting for next years final picks
-
Lou84
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Re: holidays
Snap !weary_posty wrote:I'd just be happy if the annual leave was sorted when it is supposed to be.
We're still waiting for next years final picks
-
revo3600
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: holidays
our DOM is only half way through allocating our 2016-2017 annual leave , its ridiculous 
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: holidays
Why has your rep not done anything about it?revo3600 wrote:our DOM is only half way through allocating our 2016-2017 annual leave , its ridiculous
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: holidays
Probably because he's already got the weeks he wants booked?zx135 wrote:Why has your rep not done anything about it?revo3600 wrote:our DOM is only half way through allocating our 2016-2017 annual leave , its ridiculous
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
holidays
Lou84 wrote:Finally got my leave sheet printed off after asking for the last month, it looks like everything is full for the rest of this year.
Can I carry over the 5 days or will I be forced to take it whenever the manager says ?
Have you been able to take 28 days leave in total including bank holidays in this leave year?
-
Lou84
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
- Gender: Female
holidays
I moved offices and house half way through the year, so its been awkward booking leave.
I've managed to book some in my new office but still have outstanding leave, I've been asking about this for the past month and now it seems to be full !
Union rep off sick again also
I've managed to book some in my new office but still have outstanding leave, I've been asking about this for the past month and now it seems to be full !
Union rep off sick again also
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
holidays
Ok but as I was asking, have you been able to take 28 days worth of leave including bank holidays in this leave year?Lou84 wrote:I moved offices and house half way through the year, so its been awkward booking leave.
I've managed to book some in my new office but still have outstanding leave, I've been asking about this for the past month and now it seems to be full !
Union rep off sick again also
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: holidays
It feels like ours runs from the end of March to the beginning of Aprildaveyeff wrote:our annual leave runs from the beginning of april to end of march.