ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Knee problems
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Knee problems
Anyone had a torn medial meniscus, and operation to repair it? Wondering about the outcome of it although I realise every case is different. Wonder also, how many cases such as this have arisen since shared vans came in over bikes, with the massive increase in walking we now do.
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Knee problems
Awaiting my clinical assessment (two weeks)prior to the op. Retired now but it is an old injury that I just kept walking with and it has got steadily worse as the tear has never properly healed. I'll let you know how I go on with the op, but if you have had your scan and diagnosis, I suggest you take a rest until it's dealt with.rambo1 wrote:Anyone had a torn medial meniscus, and operation to repair it? Wondering about the outcome of it although I realise every case is different. Wonder also, how many cases such as this have arisen since shared vans came in over bikes, with the massive increase in walking we now do.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: Knee problems
Keyhole surgery
4 weeks off.
Right as rain.
4 weeks off.
Right as rain.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Knee problems
2 small holes in the knee a few stitches each , 2 weeks off , 2 weeks light duties , better than it was but not 100%.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: Knee problems
I would check your blood pressure prior to the op.
Walking/exercise usually means low blood pressure and the medical team can get a bit overexcited by this when you come round.
They started pumping one of my colleagues full of adrenalin after the op to try and raise his blood pressure which they saw as abnormally low but was perfectly normal for him.
And make sure they draw the big arrow on the correct leg.
Walking/exercise usually means low blood pressure and the medical team can get a bit overexcited by this when you come round.
They started pumping one of my colleagues full of adrenalin after the op to try and raise his blood pressure which they saw as abnormally low but was perfectly normal for him.
And make sure they draw the big arrow on the correct leg.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Knee problems
I had knee arthroscopy with microfracture of rear of kneecap to fix damaged lining and remove piece of cartilage which was floating around the joint with 6 weeks non weight bearing on crutches. 7 weeks off , and looking like 5 weeks on indoor work.noggin1969 wrote:2 small holes in the knee a few stitches each , 2 weeks off , 2 weeks light duties , better than it was but not 100%.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Knee problems
I had my op, took 5 weeks off and then back in, lasted less than a year before the pain came back, needs repaired again but I can't be bothered now, the doctor will supply me with enough drugs to keep me going for the next few years until I can leave this job 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Knee problems
Thanks for all the advice guys. Sounds a pretty mixed bag! Think I need a good chat with my surgeon before I commit to him messing around in my knee. Cheers again.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Knee problems
if it progresses to 'grade 4' you will need more than drugs.DGP1 wrote:I had my op, took 5 weeks off and then back in, lasted less than a year before the pain came back, needs repaired again but I can't be bothered now, the doctor will supply me with enough drugs to keep me going for the next few years until I can leave this job
-
cantonkid1955
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Knee problems
I've been medically retired from Parcelforce with knee problems because,,apparently,,I'm beyond help,