ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Snow Storm in NY

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Snow Storm in NY

Post by Darren Bent »

I read there is lot of snow in New York and there is a travel ban and Broadway cancelled tonight.

Will this weather come to UK ?

I wonder what would Royal Mail do in this storm weather ? :left: :cuppa
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Snow Storm in NY

Post by k979aaa »

Darren Bent wrote:I read there is lot of snow in New York and there is a travel ban and Broadway cancelled tonight.

Will this weather come to UK ?

I wonder what would Royal Mail do in this storm weather ? :left: :cuppa
Yes will but it should not snow their is a weather warning for the UK on Tuesday for heavy rain so if your area is likely to flood be warned.
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: Snow Storm in NY

Post by spen »

Most storms that hit east coast of America usually head this way,,, but by the time they reach us have blown themselves out over the atlantic,,
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: Snow Storm in NY

Post by pinstripe »

Darren Bent wrote:
I wonder what would Royal Mail do in this storm weather ? :left: :cuppa
Extra lapsing probably.
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: Snow Storm in NY

Post by spen »

Deliver on the less snowy side of the street first
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Snow Storm in NY

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Darren Bent wrote:I wonder what would Royal Mail do in this storm weather ? :left: :cuppa
Tell you to get to work at all costs and then once you are there tell you it's too dangerous to go out on delivery :arrrghhh
Jiries
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Aug 2015, 08:30
Gender: Male

Re: Snow Storm in NY

Post by Jiries »

.
Last edited by Jiries on 15 Feb 2016, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Fishyfingers
Posts: 162
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 22:04
Location: Highland

Re: Snow Storm in NY

Post by Fishyfingers »

Darren Bent wrote:I read there is lot of snow in New York and there is a travel ban and Broadway cancelled tonight.

Will this weather come to UK ?

I wonder what would Royal Mail do in this storm weather ? :left: :cuppa


Follow a guy on Facebook that does the weather and normally spot on says the snow that is effecting the states won't be coming our way but expect quite a bit of rain.