ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150 Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Post
by Darren Bent » 23 Jan 2016, 19:23
I read there is lot of snow in New York and there is a travel ban and Broadway cancelled tonight.
Will this weather come to UK ?
I wonder what would Royal Mail do in this storm weather ?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578 Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH
Post
by k979aaa » 23 Jan 2016, 20:29
Darren Bent wrote: I read there is lot of snow in New York and there is a travel ban and Broadway cancelled tonight.
Will this weather come to UK ?
I wonder what would Royal Mail do in this storm weather ?
Yes will but it should not snow their is a weather warning for the UK on Tuesday for heavy rain so if your area is likely to flood be warned.
spen
Posts: 531 Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male
Post
by spen » 23 Jan 2016, 20:54
Most storms that hit east coast of America usually head this way,,, but by the time they reach us have blown themselves out over the atlantic,,
pinstripe
Posts: 2474 Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality
Post
by pinstripe » 24 Jan 2016, 09:26
Darren Bent wrote:
I wonder what would Royal Mail do in this storm weather ?
Extra lapsing probably.
spen
Posts: 531 Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male
Post
by spen » 24 Jan 2016, 11:53
Deliver on the less snowy side of the street first
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169 Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male
Post
by Bahia Feliz » 24 Jan 2016, 20:45
Darren Bent wrote: I wonder what would Royal Mail do in this storm weather ?
Tell you to get to work at all costs and then once you are there tell you it's too dangerous to go out on delivery
Jiries
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 17 Joined: 10 Aug 2015, 08:30
Gender: Male
Post
by Jiries » 24 Jan 2016, 22:33
Last edited by Jiries on 15 Feb 2016, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Fishyfingers
Posts: 162 Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 22:04
Location: Highland
Post
by Fishyfingers » 25 Jan 2016, 21:29
Darren Bent wrote: I read there is lot of snow in New York and there is a travel ban and Broadway cancelled tonight.
Will this weather come to UK ?
I wonder what would Royal Mail do in this storm weather ?
Follow a guy on Facebook that does the weather and normally spot on says the snow that is effecting the states won't be coming our way but expect quite a bit of rain.