ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
sickness...
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
sickness...
Who do I contact to call in for sickness? I feel terrible atm and nobody seems to know an exact number. Do I just call the manager, if so, what time?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: sickness...
chillout1571 wrote:Who do I contact to call in for sickness? I feel terrible atm and nobody seems to know an exact number. Do I just call the manager, if so, what time?
Yes, call the manager.
Try about 15 minutes at the latest before you are due to start if part time (though earlier is better as it gives them more time to rejig). Or at your start time if Full-Time.
If your manager is usually in early then calling them as early as possible is always the best.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: sickness...
If you've got his mobile number phone him just as Death in Paradise is about to start.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
hellpop
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 13 Nov 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: sickness...
if they are anything like our management team they will be watching the woodentops.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: sickness...
Good onehellpop wrote:if they are anything like our management team they will be watching the woodentops.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: sickness...
The clangers always reminded me of a conference call, which incidentally is a group name for more than 3 managers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: sickness...
Crikey, they don't make it easy to call in do they?! I feel terrible, I honestly wouldn't call in if I didn't. Then the first thing they say is 'right, we need you in tomorrow, regardless' regardless of what? Are they happy for me to vomit all over the round. Also he said 'a manager will be calling you later to see about your progress'! Progress? This is the first time I've called in sick. I am sick, I'm not going to miraculously feel better in an hour! What sort of person wants to intimidate someone when their poorly?!
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: sickness...
what a joke, that is a grievancechillout1571 wrote:Crikey, they don't make it easy to call in do they?! I feel terrible, I honestly wouldn't call in if I didn't. Then the first thing they say is 'right, we need you in tomorrow, regardless' regardless of what? Are they happy for me to vomit all over the round. Also he said 'a manager will be calling you later to see about your progress'! Progress? This is the first time I've called in sick. I am sick, I'm not going to miraculously feel better in an hour! What sort of person wants to intimidate someone when their poorly?!
-
pj2001
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: sickness...
Don't be bullied, if you're genuinely sick stay off, if you think you're going to be sick for more than a few days get a fit note from docs. See your rep and get a grievance in when you return to work.
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: sickness... continued
This is crazy, they have just called me and said I need to come in tomorrow. 3 others are off sick. They probably have the same bug as me! Madness. He also said, as I've been there less then a year, they will take the money off me. Well if that's true, that's fine. However, I do not like their tone of intimidation. It's upset me, when I already feel poorly. Doesn't create much good will.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Re: sickness... continued
Vomit in their faces.chillout1571 wrote:This is crazy, they have just called me and said I need to come in tomorrow. 3 others are off sick. They probably have the same bug as me! Madness. He also said, as I've been there less then a year, they will take the money off me. Well if that's true, that's fine. However, I do not like their tone of intimidation. It's upset me, when I already feel poorly. Doesn't create much good will.
Maybe then they'll get the message.
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: sickness... continued
LaggyBand wrote:Vomit in their faces.chillout1571 wrote:This is crazy, they have just called me and said I need to come in tomorrow. 3 others are off sick. They probably have the same bug as me! Madness. He also said, as I've been there less then a year, they will take the money off me. Well if that's true, that's fine. However, I do not like their tone of intimidation. It's upset me, when I already feel poorly. Doesn't create much good will.
Maybe then they'll get the message.
Haha!...sounds like that's what they are asking for!
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: sickness...
Maybe you should email moya to let her know just how caring her management team are. Tell them you're sick and will call back when you feel able to return to work, don't go back too soon, make yourself worse and have another episode of sickness. By the way I have had an average of about 2 days a yr I've worked for RM so I certainly don't make a habit of it, but if I'm too ill for work, tough, it's managers problem to get my walk covered. Don't be a bullies victim.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: sickness...
Actually Moya has a history of this in Canada post she was bought in to cut the sickness bill in Royalmail and they just get rid of the staff so before you call her be warned about her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-qIPQ2qzM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; even her own country wanted rid of her like a dirty virus.rambo1 wrote:Maybe you should email moya to let her know just how caring her management team are. Tell them you're sick and will call back when you feel able to return to work, don't go back too soon, make yourself worse and have another episode of sickness. By the way I have had an average of about 2 days a yr I've worked for RM so I certainly don't make a habit of it, but if I'm too ill for work, tough, it's managers problem to get my walk covered. Don't be a bullies victim.