Hi there, quick question and would appreciate any sort of input
Let's say I called in sick last Tuesday and I was off Wednesday , my day off was Thursday and I was still off Friday and Saturday, but returned to work on Monday.
Now, I was under the impression that my day off would be calculated as an absence because I was still ill the next day. My question though is, would the Sunday be included as an absence even though I returned to work on Monday?
My thinking here is Sunday is not a working day and because I returned to work on the Monday my last day of absence is surely Saturday? Is this correct?
Thanks for looking in folks, appreciate any of your thoughts.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question re: absence/days calculated whilst off
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Question re: absence/days calculated whilst off
I think you have to contact RM and inform them that you are fit to return the day before (that would be Saturday), otherwise Sunday will be included. I may be wrong though.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Question re: absence/days calculated whilst off
Pinstripe is correct RM require 24 hours notice of return to work after absence or weekends will be calculated within the absence so for return to work on a Monday best to notify by Friday or Saturday of your return for the following week. In relation to your mid-week day off this would be included in the running absence its sods law.
-
drewsie
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 10:55
Re: Question re: absence/days calculated whilst off
Ok, thanks for the reply folks.
Reason why I asked is my Lino originally said in my back to work interview, that the Sunday wouldn't be counted because of my return to work on Monday (which is what I thought anyway).
The day (Sunday)has been calculated as an absence because I've had it confirmed this morning.
mmmmmm....looks like I'll have to take this one on the chin. It's crap really! Sunday isn't even a working day so how is anyone supposed to give notice of a return to work? If youre still feeling ropey on Saturday, how can you say "yeah, still feel like sh1t but I'll definitely be back on Monday".
Reason why I asked is my Lino originally said in my back to work interview, that the Sunday wouldn't be counted because of my return to work on Monday (which is what I thought anyway).
The day (Sunday)has been calculated as an absence because I've had it confirmed this morning.
mmmmmm....looks like I'll have to take this one on the chin. It's crap really! Sunday isn't even a working day so how is anyone supposed to give notice of a return to work? If youre still feeling ropey on Saturday, how can you say "yeah, still feel like sh1t but I'll definitely be back on Monday".
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Question re: absence/days calculated whilst off
So you can't see what you feel like in the morning and ring in to tell your DOM you'll be in later?rehabron wrote:Pinstripe is correct RM require 24 hours notice of return to work after absence
I'm sure I've done that before.
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Question re: absence/days calculated whilst off
Well you can, but, while your DOM will be glad he doesn't have to cover your duty, the Sunday will probably still be added to the number of absences.NewPostieUK wrote:
So you can't see what you feel like in the morning and ring in to tell your DOM you'll be in later?
I'm sure I've done that before.