ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

OH return to work

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ikybear
Posts: 43
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 13:17
Gender: Male

OH return to work

Post by ikybear »

Ok
So I finally got my OH referral for a staged return to work plan.
Week 1 quarter job
Week 2 half
Week 3 three quarter
Week 4 full

Fine except it starts tomorrow and I'm only in work tomorrow then on leave until next week. So next week is week 2. I have ongoing arthritis issues in my knee I don't know how its going to go and already they've taken the first week off me. And implied that if I don't complete the plan I'm out the door.

Surely this is wrong?

Last week they had an indoor duty all lined up apparently. It's vacant and I'm trained. Suddenly now it's all get on delivery or get out?!
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: OH return to work

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

If you feel it's wrong then why did you agree to it?
ikybear
Posts: 43
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: OH return to work

Post by ikybear »

I have agreed to a week at each stage. They are saying that because the manager didn't get the email until today it starts tomorrow and tomorrow is the only other day I am working this week due to annual leave so I only get one day at week one.

I DID NOT AGREE TO THAT.

And if I struggle to get back to full deliveries then they will look at getting rid of me.

I was of the understanding that it was a week at each stage with a review at the end of it to see how it went and if it was OK to move on.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: OH return to work

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Then you should get back onto oh assist and tell them that the rehab plan is not what you understood it to be, to be fair if it was at the other extreme of working 4 days at part instead of the 1 but still less than a full 5 days you would probably have been less likely to complain, so if there is ambiguity your not happy about get them to change it to an agreed number of working days
ikybear
Posts: 43
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: OH return to work

Post by ikybear »

Fine but it isn't OH that is the problem. Why does the plan have to start this week? What can it not wait until next week when I am I 4 days out of the 5? What if I had been on leave for 2 weeks from tomorrow?
Lino said if I had been on al for 2 weeks then the plan would have started without me and I would start on week 3 after my leave. Surely that is not how it works?
Surely it's about building up to full deliveries?
Or is it just there to set up a failure so they can get rid of staff?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: OH return to work

Post by greengiant »

ikybear wrote:Fine but it isn't OH that is the problem. Why does the plan have to start this week? What can it not wait until next week when I am I 4 days out of the 5? What if I had been on leave for 2 weeks from tomorrow?
Lino said if I had been on al for 2 weeks then the plan would have started without me and I would start on week 3 after my leave. Surely that is not how it works?
Surely it's about building up to full deliveries?
Or is it just there to set up a failure so they can get rid of staff?
That doesn't make any sense at all. Surely if you are on annual leave, you are not working, therefore the OH return to work plan can't progress up a stage? I'd get in touch with union rep.
ikybear
Posts: 43
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: OH return to work

Post by ikybear »

He is on leave unfortunately.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: OH return to work

Post by greengiant »

ikybear wrote:He is on leave unfortunately.
Does your office have health and safety rep in addition to union rep? H&S rep may be able to assist as it is a health and safety issue? If not contact area rep?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: OH return to work

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

ikybear wrote:Fine but it isn't OH that is the problem. Why does the plan have to start this week? What can it not wait until next week when I am I 4 days out of the 5? What if I had been on leave for 2 weeks from tomorrow?
Lino said if I had been on al for 2 weeks then the plan would have started without me and I would start on week 3 after my leave. Surely that is not how it works?
Surely it's about building up to full deliveries?
Or is it just there to set up a failure so they can get rid of staff?

What your saying proves the need for the rehab plan to be more comrehensive, your not willing for a part week to count towards it if it's only 1 day but are willing for a part week to count if it's 4 days, where do you draw the line? That line hasn't been written down, clearly there is more than one way to intercept your rehab plan, the way you want to and the way your Dom wants to, neither is actually incorrect, you need to get that rehab plan written up as you want it, leaving no room for it to be interpreted in a different way
ikybear
Posts: 43
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: OH return to work

Post by ikybear »

A week and a day are completely different.

If someone normally works a 5 day week that is a week.

Today I was I doors because it suited them. If I wasn't at work for the rest of the week how can you call that week one of the plan??
The plan says 1/4 job out doors not more than an hour walking.

Or are you being deliberately antagonistic?
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: OH return to work

Post by bogstandard »

ikybear wrote:Fine but it isn't OH that is the problem. Why does the plan have to start this week? What can it not wait until next week when I am I 4 days out of the 5? What if I had been on leave for 2 weeks from tomorrow?
Lino said if I had been on al for 2 weeks then the plan would have started without me and I would start on week 3 after my leave. Surely that is not how it works?
Surely it's about building up to full deliveries?
Or is it just there to set up a failure so they can get rid of staff?
your lino is a f*%"ing moron. You tell them your rehab plan is starting when you return to work, if they have a problem with this they should re refer you and you cannot start work till your new plan is confirmed. Tell your idiot lino that if they do believe their previous comments to be true, then would they confirm this to you in writting so you can pass it on to your area rep.
Fact still remains your lino is an idiot
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: OH return to work

Post by Creditshampoo »

The above is correct