My knees have seen better days and I applied for EVR last year. But that was stopped by the union who did not want any more FT duties to go out of the office! So I have resigned myself to working a couple more years till I get to 60. The DIMS remind me that the 20 year younger guy who did my duty while I was on leave absolutely rushed round and got back 30 minutes earlier than me. Our Union rep is completely hopeless as is the area one as well. Ironically before the changes the rep (before he became one) was on my round and was always leaving the top two rows for somebody else to do and never completed D2Ds! So if your face fits you can get away with murder. But if it doesn't you are just a slacker!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Never any support from RM
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Never any support from RM
I have been on my HCT round now for almost 2 years now and know it inside out and have got to the stage where I know whether the amount of mail on a particular day is doable or not. I never come in early, always take my full breaks and do the delivery as specified. And go out on average at about 9.50 and find it a challenge to get back to complete and go home at 2.15. And yet the DIMS are always grumbling at me as to why I am not getting back early like most of the other HCT duties!! There solution is to add some more on to it. And that's not including the summer lapsing that started today!!
My knees have seen better days and I applied for EVR last year. But that was stopped by the union who did not want any more FT duties to go out of the office! So I have resigned myself to working a couple more years till I get to 60. The DIMS remind me that the 20 year younger guy who did my duty while I was on leave absolutely rushed round and got back 30 minutes earlier than me. Our Union rep is completely hopeless as is the area one as well. Ironically before the changes the rep (before he became one) was on my round and was always leaving the top two rows for somebody else to do and never completed D2Ds! So if your face fits you can get away with murder. But if it doesn't you are just a slacker!!
My knees have seen better days and I applied for EVR last year. But that was stopped by the union who did not want any more FT duties to go out of the office! So I have resigned myself to working a couple more years till I get to 60. The DIMS remind me that the 20 year younger guy who did my duty while I was on leave absolutely rushed round and got back 30 minutes earlier than me. Our Union rep is completely hopeless as is the area one as well. Ironically before the changes the rep (before he became one) was on my round and was always leaving the top two rows for somebody else to do and never completed D2Ds! So if your face fits you can get away with murder. But if it doesn't you are just a slacker!!
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Never any support from RM
Been there ,had the aggro,not only from management but from back stabbing workmates who choose to take shortcutsfly-catchers wrote:I have been on my HCT round now for almost 2 years now and know it inside out and have got to the stage where I know whether the amount of mail on a particular day is doable or not. I never come in early, always take my full breaks and do the delivery as specified. And go out on average at about 9.50 and find it a challenge to get back to complete and go home at 2.15. And yet the DIMS are always grumbling at me as to why I am not getting back early like most of the other HCT duties!! There solution is to add some more on to it. And that's not including the summer lapsing that started today!!![]()
My knees have seen better days and I applied for EVR last year. But that was stopped by the union who did not want any more FT duties to go out of the office! So I have resigned myself to working a couple more years till I get to 60. The DIMS remind me that the 20 year younger guy who did my duty while I was on leave absolutely rushed round and got back 30 minutes earlier than me. Our Union rep is completely hopeless as is the area one as well. Ironically before the changes the rep (before he became one) was on my round and was always leaving the top two rows for somebody else to do and never completed D2Ds! So if your face fits you can get away with murder. But if it doesn't you are just a slacker!!
cannot say on here what I really think of them,but I know the office union/area rep didn't give a damn as long as they had the easy life
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Never any support from RM
All needs sorting and get rid of linos before the riots start, I think everyone has £ signs in their eyes then after october - ZILCH.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Never any support from RM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN AFTER OCTOBER ? 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Never any support from RM
i assume hes talking about when we can cash our shares in
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Never any support from RM
After October we can sell the first, and largest, batch of shares we got (subject to paying income tax & NI on them if we do). I suspect quite a few people will probably "take the money & run" at that time. (Though if you where of such a mind-set I would think suffering through another Christmas and into April 2017 might be worth it to get the second batch too?)holly123 wrote:WHAT DO YOU MEAN AFTER OCTOBER ?
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Never any support from RM
No telling what the share price will do in the the 2 years after you're first allowed to sell them. Given they'll likely still be higher than the issue price in October, maybe better off cashing in there and then.toomuchcoke wrote: After October we can sell the first, and largest, batch of shares we got (subject to paying income tax & NI on them if we do). I suspect quite a few people will probably "take the money & run" at that time.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Never any support from RM
If you do it by the book, ask your DIM where the others are faster than you on delivery without cutting corners.fly-catchers wrote:I have been on my HCT round now for almost 2 years now and know it inside out and have got to the stage where I know whether the amount of mail on a particular day is doable or not. I never come in early, always take my full breaks and do the delivery as specified. And go out on average at about 9.50 and find it a challenge to get back to complete and go home at 2.15. And yet the DIMS are always grumbling at me as to why I am not getting back early like most of the other HCT duties!! There solution is to add some more on to it. And that's not including the summer lapsing that started today!!![]()
My knees have seen better days and I applied for EVR last year. But that was stopped by the union who did not want any more FT duties to go out of the office! So I have resigned myself to working a couple more years till I get to 60. The DIMS remind me that the 20 year younger guy who did my duty while I was on leave absolutely rushed round and got back 30 minutes earlier than me. Our Union rep is completely hopeless as is the area one as well. Ironically before the changes the rep (before he became one) was on my round and was always leaving the top two rows for somebody else to do and never completed D2Ds! So if your face fits you can get away with murder. But if it doesn't you are just a slacker!!
Tell the DIM to come out on delivery with you and tell you where you can speed up,he will walk away
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Never any support from RM
eastie wrote:]If you do it by the book, ask your DIM where the others are faster than you on delivery without cutting corners.
Tell the DIM to come out on delivery with you and tell you where you can speed up,he will walk away
I agree. I think RM rely on intimidation and the "every man for himself" attitude from a large majority of co-workers. Even today when after a lot of arguments to have my lapsing bit taken off was agreed. Several people who got back 40 mins before me still grumbled that I had not had to do the lapsing bit! While sat at their frames checking out their mobiles!!
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Never any support from RM
Cant blame the Union for not letting any full-time duties go but where is the rep? (the one that used to do your round)
Is the rep not backing you up or are they in it (like most are) for themselves!!
Is the rep not backing you up or are they in it (like most are) for themselves!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Never any support from RM
Why do postmen worry about other postmen not doing lapsing. Its because they come in early and wan't to go home early but they have to go out and deliver the lapsing left behind.fly-catchers wrote:eastie wrote:]If you do it by the book, ask your DIM where the others are faster than you on delivery without cutting corners.
Tell the DIM to come out on delivery with you and tell you where you can speed up,he will walk away
I agree. I think RM rely on intimidation and the "every man for himself" attitude from a large majority of co-workers. Even today when after a lot of arguments to have my lapsing bit taken off was agreed. Several people who got back 40 mins before me still grumbled that I had not had to do the lapsing bit! While sat at their frames checking out their mobiles!!
You would have thought they would have worked it out by now.
Why come in early unpaid and rush round to do extra
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Never any support from RM
You will get the lot if your a good leaver EVR IHR Retired or Redundancy.toomuchcoke wrote:After October we can sell the first, and largest, batch of shares we got (subject to paying income tax & NI on them if we do). I suspect quite a few people will probably "take the money & run" at that time. (Though if you where of such a mind-set I would think suffering through another Christmas and into April 2017 might be worth it to get the second batch too?)holly123 wrote:WHAT DO YOU MEAN AFTER OCTOBER ?
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Never any support from RM
Summer lapsing in January? Our office hasn't heard a word about lapsing at all, yet.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Never any support from RM
Lapsing has been in some offices for two or more years after Christmas a happy new year from management as they reap the rewards off the workers backs such as the parasites they are.chrismid259 wrote:Summer lapsing in January? Our office hasn't heard a word about lapsing at all, yet.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Never any support from RM
Lapsing is dead, it is now called LOOP 7 ! You are lucky to get away with not doing it.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??