ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Special Delivery
-
Nobodyshero
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery
Has anybody got any info on if I tried to deliver a SD item before the 13.00 deadline but there was nobody home to sign for it Later they ask for a re-delivery of this item is it still time sensitive, I don't think it is but keep getting conflicting answers thanks
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Special Delivery
I think it depends if the 'advised' has cleared from your PDA before you, after 1pm, accept the later 'delivered'.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Special Delivery
Our DOM told us that the 1st scan (b4 1pm and at the correct location obviously) stops the clock so it is possible to attempt another deliver again after 1 pm. As is the way with RM someone will come along and say differently but I have done this many times and never been pulled up for it.
Edit: I didn't read the op correctly, thought you meant delivering again on the same day, so as below, yes a redelivery is still b4 1pm time sensitive
Last edited by GT85 on 05 Jan 2016, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
lczola
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 May 2007, 16:32
Re: Special Delivery
I assume if the customer has asked for a redelivery that the SD will be delivered on a different day, if this is the case the SD retains it's original 13:00 deadline on the redelivery day. However, if the SD has been attempted at the address before 13:00 and the OPG returns to the address the same day without a return to office scan, then a re-scan after 13:00 is ok.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Special Delivery
The contract is for next day before 1pm. Once that's fulfilled, thats it. However, everyone knows the 'system' is stupid. Who knows what it will fail.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Special Delivery
I've asked this before since it's happened a few times, and I was told by someone in the callers office that the first scan is all that counts. Once it's scanned as undelivered, the 2nd scan is no different from them going to pick it up later in the day or the next day, so I was told.
I suppose that means you could scan all your specials as undelivered before 1pm and then do them at your leisure, if that's how it works.
I suppose that means you could scan all your specials as undelivered before 1pm and then do them at your leisure, if that's how it works.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Special Delivery
Wouldn't work because each special would need to be scanned at the address doorstep so that the PDA GPS location was correct otherwise they would all show attempted delivery location as your DOsuppose that means you could scan all your specials as undelivered before 1pm and then do them at your leisure, if that's how it works.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Special Delivery
If it's been scanned out to you then it remains a 1pm delivery, I find it's better to just do it rather than trying to fight a failure at a later date.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Special Delivery
GT85 wrote:Wouldn't work because each special would need to be scanned at the address doorstep so that the PDA GPS location was correct otherwise they would all show attempted delivery location as your DOsuppose that means you could scan all your specials as undelivered before 1pm and then do them at your leisure, if that's how it works.
It would work on a charge of delaying mail, by that I mean it would prove their case for them, no more work needed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Special Delivery
Worked at an office once where all a firms Specials/tracks where signed for at DO by postie as per agreement with firm (doubt if it was official). Was one of the first loops so would never be a late/fail anyway, just meant driver didn't have to wait for signatures. Been doing it that way for years, never got pulled up for it. Wonder how often GPS/ location is actually checked. Not that I would risk it anyway.
-
ikybear
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Special Delivery
My understanding is this:
If you scan a special as not delivered before 1pm and attempt redelivery (same day) before 1pm no problem.
If you attempt same day redelivery *after* 1pm you must log off delivery, log in as DO INDOOR and scan the item as not delivered. Then you scan the item as customer collected and obtain signature. This is because the PDA system is rubbish and a post 1pm second scan will show as a failure on the track trace system...
If you scan a special as not delivered before 1pm and attempt redelivery (same day) before 1pm no problem.
If you attempt same day redelivery *after* 1pm you must log off delivery, log in as DO INDOOR and scan the item as not delivered. Then you scan the item as customer collected and obtain signature. This is because the PDA system is rubbish and a post 1pm second scan will show as a failure on the track trace system...
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Special Delivery
That used to be an easy fix but now we've a load of collections loaded on the gun so logging off and back on in indoor mode isn't as straightforward as it used to be. However, I've redelivered specials after 1pm and not been pulled up for it. Maybe management just can't be bothered to chase it up round our way, that sounds likely.ikybear wrote:My understanding is this:
If you scan a special as not delivered before 1pm and attempt redelivery (same day) before 1pm no problem.
If you attempt same day redelivery *after* 1pm you must log off delivery, log in as DO INDOOR and scan the item as not delivered. Then you scan the item as customer collected and obtain signature. This is because the PDA system is rubbish and a post 1pm second scan will show as a failure on the track trace system...
So far as I see, the original sender paid extra for the first attempted delivery only. I don't believe they paid extra so that their subsequent delivery attempts on that item were time sensitive too.
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Re: Special Delivery
stan_lers wrote:I've asked this before since it's happened a few times, and I was told by someone in the callers office that the first scan is all that counts. Once it's scanned as undelivered, the 2nd scan is no different from them going to pick it up later in the day or the next day, so I was told.
I suppose that means you could scan all your specials as undelivered before 1pm and then do them at your leisure, if that's how it works.
That might work until somebody checks online and sees the undelivered scan before one then phones the DO asking how thats possible as they have been in all day.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Special Delivery
What!!
SD's are only guaranteed by 1pm on one occasion, not on 2nd or subsequent attempts on following days.
We had 2 trays of cards and letters turn up this morning, all post marked from the first week in December - I wonder if anyone in the MC will get done for wilful delay?
SD's are only guaranteed by 1pm on one occasion, not on 2nd or subsequent attempts on following days.
We had 2 trays of cards and letters turn up this morning, all post marked from the first week in December - I wonder if anyone in the MC will get done for wilful delay?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Special Delivery
why would they be done for wiful delay more than likely these items have been mis-sent to r.l.c in belfast happens all the timemasterblaster wrote:What!!
SD's are only guaranteed by 1pm on one occasion, not on 2nd or subsequent attempts on following days.
We had 2 trays of cards and letters turn up this morning, all post marked from the first week in December - I wonder if anyone in the MC will get done for wilful delay?