ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

sending employees to other offices

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

sending employees to other offices

Post by eastie »

What is the point of sending postmen to other delivery offices when our office is shortstaffed ??
All they do is give us extra lapsing which can't be done and get in managers to deliver ??
Seems ludicrous as you have to pay the postman sent to another office travelling money who surely would be better doing his round than another he hasn't done before.
Plus who gains out of it ??
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: sending employees to other offices

Post by datasaint »

I think it's to minimise the number of failures in one particular office.

It's all good and well clearing one delivery office, but if a neighbouring one fails 4 or 5 duties that looks bad, so they even it out. Usually the non-failing DO can pick up the slack with duties completed on OT as well.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: sending employees to other offices

Post by Dorset Plodder »

The Area Manager has to look at the bigger picture Eastie. As mentioned some Offices are failing loads of Duties and that's where he wants people sent. Too many Posties don't even know what's going on outside their own little world. It may be considered a pain in the arse but it sometimes gives you a different view of the Business to work in nearby offices. For one thing you realise Your office isn't the worst one in Royal mail! :shock:

I once turned up at the wrong office (it was the one I'd been sent to) and the DOM tried to send me to another one. I told him I was happy to work at his DO but I wasn't traveling to this other one. He said he'd love to have me help them out, because they were that short 3 Managers were going to have to talk a walk out, :Boo hoo! but the Area Manager wouldn't OK the overtime for their DO! :crazy: I told him fair enough and went home. :whistle
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: sending employees to other offices

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Because its a

Image

Exercise.

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.