ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Have i need to worry ?
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Have i need to worry ?
have a rural post office on my duty they get a fair few local collect items,a few months ago a delivered a local collect item there for a customer to pick up,but on the pda I touched the delivered or something else, instead of the local collect option,i got a verbal warning for this,now ive done the same on the 23rd dec,i handed over item to post office and did not press the local collect option,pressed something else by mistake,i knew straight away as a customer distracted me and I realised I had not pressed the local collect option,overall 2 silly basic mistakes and they both happened on mad Wednesday,what will the dom say ?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Have i need to worry ?
If you have been warned about it he could take it further but not much to worry about, though if you knw you had scanned it incorrectly why did you not immediately rescan it as local collect and that would have fixed it straight away
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Have i need to worry ?
This just shows how different offices seem to treat things. In my DO it would be highly unlikely even to be commented on, and then be laughed about.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Have i need to worry ?
One of our lads did this,but was told it didn't work like that due to the useless software,our DOM said it should have gone back to the office to go thru the system again.zx135 wrote:If you have been warned about it he could take it further but not much to worry about, though if you knw you had scanned it incorrectly why did you not immediately rescan it as local collect and that would have fixed it straight away
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Have i need to worry ?
same here, it did happen quite a lot to start with, the whole office got "bollocked" when it occurred though never nasty, just a reminder on the correct proceduret3mcIUQWE2 wrote:This just shows how different offices seem to treat things. In my DO it would be highly unlikely even to be commented on, and then be laughed about.
also told under no circumstances to click "safe-place" if we've left it elsewhere, always click delivered ??
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Have i need to worry ?
There is no problem pressing Delivered instead of Local Collect so long as you scan them again and correct your mistake. When you click Local Collect it send out an email telling the customer their package is ready to collect - not doing this fails our tracked mail obligation, essentially the same as not scanning a Tracked Delivery.
At least that is what I was told. I can't imagine any failed tracked would be worse than a Stage 1 warning after a couple of mistakes.
At least that is what I was told. I can't imagine any failed tracked would be worse than a Stage 1 warning after a couple of mistakes.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Have i need to worry ?
I had a Local Collect requested by a customer on a redelivery, yet I went to their address that same day with a separate packet which they were in to recieve, I then had to go to the PO to drop off their redelivery.
How bonkers is that.
How bonkers is that.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Have i need to worry ?
thanks for you input folks,my pda is crap loses batterey life so quick,hopefully when we get our new pda's in 2029 they will be much better 
-
Celtic warrior
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Have i need to worry ?
The most probable outcome 'should' be counselling and retraining on the PDA to eradicate the chance of the same errors happening again.
I wouldn't worry too much about it unless this correct procedure has been carried out before and they then say it's an attitude / behaviour issue.
I hope this helps.
I wouldn't worry too much about it unless this correct procedure has been carried out before and they then say it's an attitude / behaviour issue.
I hope this helps.
-
trevjim
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Have i need to worry ?
done it before, in my office the worst that would happen is the boss would just say be careful, its not a big deal, just human error, especially with the amount of tracked we have these days
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4109
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Have i need to worry ?
Hi yes it does create a "failure" if you inadvertently scan them as delivered, I've done it a few times by mistake and if you re-scan it as local collect it doesn't correct the 1st scan, apparently this is down to the current pda software, I assume in the future you won't see delivered etc as an option, so if you tap on delivered by mistake then that's it you can't do anything about it apart from look forward to the ticking off the following day at work. (I'd re-scan as local collect just so you can prove it was a genuine mistake)
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: Have i need to worry ?
It is possible that one was a surprise present that they didn't want delivered to the house.norm wrote:I had a Local Collect requested by a customer on a redelivery, yet I went to their address that same day with a separate packet which they were in to recieve, I then had to go to the PO to drop off their redelivery.![]()
How bonkers is that.
I once had a parcel addressed to Mrs Jones at number 26 but I knew she lived at 24. So I handed the packet over to Mr Jones and when he saw where it was from he knew it was his birthday present. Needless to say Mrs Jones wasn't overly impressed. She had deliberately sent it to the neighbours so he wouldn't see it. But damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Have i need to worry ?
amazon local collects are not redelivered items their differentmotherhubbard wrote:It is possible that one was a surprise present that they didn't want delivered to the house.norm wrote:I had a Local Collect requested by a customer on a redelivery, yet I went to their address that same day with a separate packet which they were in to recieve, I then had to go to the PO to drop off their redelivery.![]()
How bonkers is that.
I once had a parcel addressed to Mrs Jones at number 26 but I knew she lived at 24. So I handed the packet over to Mr Jones and when he saw where it was from he knew it was his birthday present. Needless to say Mrs Jones wasn't overly impressed. She had deliberately sent it to the neighbours so he wouldn't see it. But damned if you do, damned if you don't.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Have i need to worry ?
arnold cheshire wrote:amazon local collects are not redelivered items their differentmotherhubbard wrote:It is possible that one was a surprise present that they didn't want delivered to the house.norm wrote:I had a Local Collect requested by a customer on a redelivery, yet I went to their address that same day with a separate packet which they were in to recieve, I then had to go to the PO to drop off their redelivery.![]()
How bonkers is that.
I once had a parcel addressed to Mrs Jones at number 26 but I knew she lived at 24. So I handed the packet over to Mr Jones and when he saw where it was from he knew it was his birthday present. Needless to say Mrs Jones wasn't overly impressed. She had deliberately sent it to the neighbours so he wouldn't see it. But damned if you do, damned if you don't.
norm and motherhubbard are not talking about amazon local collects they are talking about the normal local collect service for a redelivery arranged to go to a post office