ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Well ...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Well ...

Post by RedBagMan »

... it was nice while it lasted ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

Re: Well ...

Post by holly123 »

Well.........? What was that then.
bandit1157
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
Gender: Male
Location: sh1t street

Re: Well ...

Post by bandit1157 »

holly123 wrote:Well.........? What was that then.
The Christmas holidays I presume
It's life Jim but not as we know it
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Well ...

Post by wannabeek »

Yay!I'm so happy to be back at work! 4 days of playing xbox with the kids, seeing folks, etc, and now today I finally got to be surrounded by whinging posties who think they have the worst job on the planet!

I'm very glad that I got a set of headphones as a gift at xmas, I couldn't hear the further-away ones moaning about all the holiday brochures, etc today!

Seriously tho, this job would be pretty darn cool if it weren't for 2 things - all those whinging posties and the nob-end managers that go with.
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

Re: Well ...

Post by holly123 »

Ha ha , happy new year
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Re: Well ...

Post by Shaders »

wannabeek wrote:Yay!I'm so happy to be back at work! 4 days of playing xbox with the kids, seeing folks, etc, and now today I finally got to be surrounded by whinging posties who think they have the worst job on the planet!

I'm very glad that I got a set of headphones as a gift at xmas, I couldn't hear the further-away ones moaning about all the holiday brochures, etc today!

Seriously tho, this job would be pretty darn cool if it weren't for 2 things - all those whinging posties and the nob-end managers that go with.

totally agree

I was glad to get back for some fresh air and a bit of exercise, theres only so much eating and siting around i can do.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Well ...

Post by Chelseablue »

How long u bin in Royal Mail beek?
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Well ...

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I like a good "constructive" moan......one that raises a grin. :thumbup However some of it is just boring i.e the same guy moaning about getting missorts for the same bloody road ...every day. Missorts are just a fact of life.

Today was a new one though. One of the Serial moaners was having a go....Because everyone had been called up onto IPS AND THERE WASN'T ENOUGH ROOM FOR HIM!
FFS...... God preserve Us! :arrrghhh
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Well ...

Post by wannabeek »

Less than a decade in RM but been in similar scale jobs all my life, surrounded by the same old sorts - with the same old tales of woe & their perspective on how hard they have it - 30 odd years now. Probably explains why I have so little tolerance for it!
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Well ...

Post by wannabeek »

Chelseablue wrote:How long u bin in Royal Mail beek?
Less than a decade in RM but been in similar scale jobs all my life, surrounded by the same old sorts - with the same old tales of woe & their perspective on how hard they have it - 30 odd years now. Probably explains why I have so little tolerance for it!
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Well ...

Post by halfull »

wannabeek wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:How long u bin in Royal Mail beek?
Less than a decade in RM but been in similar scale jobs all my life, surrounded by the same old sorts - with the same old tales of woe & their perspective on how hard they have it - 30 odd years now. Probably explains why I have so little tolerance for it!
less than a decade, your only a pup. :wink:
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Well ...

Post by Nondescript »

wannabeek wrote:Yay!I'm so happy to be back at work! 4 days of playing xbox with the kids, seeing folks, etc, and now today I finally got to be surrounded by whinging posties who think they have the worst job on the planet!

I'm very glad that I got a set of headphones as a gift at xmas, I couldn't hear the further-away ones moaning about all the holiday brochures, etc today!

Seriously tho, this job would be pretty darn cool if it weren't for 2 things - all those whinging posties and the nob-end managers that go with.
I know what you mean mate I got paired with one of those moaners the other day, he wouldn't stop moaning about the other guys who were moaning, he just couldn't see the irony of it all. I had to sit there and listen to him moan about them all day, it was really bringing me down becuase I never moan about anything. :thumbup
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Well ...

Post by wannabeek »

Me too! I never moan about those bleeding moany whingers. They totally get my goat something chronic, but if I started moaning about them, then I'd only be as bad as them moaning in the first place. Oh, wait a minute.... :crazy:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Well ...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.