ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Radio Times

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
GT750rider
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 216
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Gender: Male

Radio Times

Post by GT750rider »

We've had the Radio Times on subscription for some years. It's always been delivered by Royal Mail. Today however it was delivered by a guy in a local newspaper van. No name or address on the sheet of paper with the mag, so the guy has a list of addresses it would seem.
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Re: Radio Times

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

We delivered next weeks RT last week if it helps
rainbowwarrior72
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 431
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
Gender: Male

Re: Radio Times

Post by rainbowwarrior72 »

Maybe it was the local newsagent
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Radio Times

Post by 5plusbonusball »

reckon someone bought you a surprise subscription from your local shop? last weeks was £4 by the way! should be free for licence payers.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Radio Times

Post by bustedflush »

Radio Times? I thought it was rebranded the 'Sex Offenders Register' a few years back??
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Re: Radio Times

Post by borgpicard »

GT750rider wrote:We've had the Radio Times on subscription for some years. It's always been delivered by Royal Mail. Today however it was delivered by a guy in a local newspaper van. No name or address on the sheet of paper with the mag, so the guy has a list of addresses it would seem.
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?

I take it your legs have stopped working ?, do some exercise and WALK down a shop ?, or if your really lazy, push the information button on your TV remote, hey presto, and guide to whats on for the next seven days.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Radio Times

Post by Postie45 »

borgpicard wrote:
GT750rider wrote:We've had the Radio Times on subscription for some years. It's always been delivered by Royal Mail. Today however it was delivered by a guy in a local newspaper van. No name or address on the sheet of paper with the mag, so the guy has a list of addresses it would seem.
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?

I take it your legs have stopped working ?, do some exercise and WALK down a shop ?, or if your really lazy, push the information button on your TV remote, hey presto, and guide to whats on for the next seven days.
why should he do that ?
GT750rider
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 216
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Gender: Male

Re: Radio Times

Post by GT750rider »

borgpicard wrote:
GT750rider wrote:We've had the Radio Times on subscription for some years. It's always been delivered by Royal Mail. Today however it was delivered by a guy in a local newspaper van. No name or address on the sheet of paper with the mag, so the guy has a list of addresses it would seem.
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?

I take it your legs have stopped working ?, do some exercise and WALK down a shop ?, or if your really lazy, push the information button on your TV remote, hey presto, and guide to whats on for the next seven days.
No, my legs are in good working order. The fact is we live in a rural location, the nearest shop ( petrol station ) is 5 miles away.
Yes, I could walk that, but I get the Radio Times on subscription via top cashback which saves me around £20.00. Plus I was giving Royal Mail some business. Now it appears RM have lost the contract as my original post said.
I was simply drawing attention to the fact.
I should have asked wether any other Posties have noticed they haven't had the mag on their delivery recently.
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Radio Times

Post by bluealbert »

Still delivering them here mate, rural :thumbup
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: Radio Times

Post by GT85 »

Delivered a few copies of the Radio times today along with huge amounts of JD Williams and Next catalouges
We're all here because we're not all there
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Radio Times

Post by NewPostieUK »

GT85 wrote:Delivered a few copies of the Radio times today along with huge amounts of JD Williams and Next catalouges
Same here. And the catalogues were put in the packet trolley, so I had to prep them myself. Not fair. My duty is meant to be prepped!
GT750rider
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 216
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Gender: Male

Re: Radio Times

Post by GT750rider »

GT750rider wrote:We've had the Radio Times on subscription for some years. It's always been delivered by Royal Mail. Today however it was delivered by a guy in a local newspaper van. No name or address on the sheet of paper with the mag, so the guy has a list of addresses it would seem.
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?
Delivered by the newsagent again this week. Looks like my Postie has at least one less item to deliver. Of course, if it goes nationwide, how much revenue is that Royal Mail has lost ?
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Re: Radio Times

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

Might work in towns , can't see many newsagents driving out to farms etc for pennies , we don't have paper boys ( girls ) in our village.
GT750rider
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 216
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Gender: Male

Re: Radio Times

Post by GT750rider »

CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:Might work in towns , can't see many newsagents driving out to farms etc for pennies , we don't have paper boys ( girls ) in our village.
I live in a village ! Our nearest shop ( in a petrol station ) is 4 miles away. I can't work it out either.