ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
child in hospital, advice needed
-
shrektacular
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 03 May 2009, 11:29
- Gender: Male
child in hospital, advice needed
Hi, my little boy was taken into hospital on Sunday 20th December. I therefore missed mon-Thurs as I had to stay in hospital with him. During which time we were moved to Birmingham children's hospital (from worcester) we are still there now and hopefully going home tomorrow however it's gona take time to settle in at home. I was wondering if I would be entitled to paid leave or if it is classed as unpaid? Any info would be great thanks.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: child in hospital, advice needed
You may be entitled to special leave, which is either paid or unpaid at the discretion of your dom, over and above this you are also entitled to dependant leave which unfortunately is unpaid, basically whether it's paid or not is down to your dom, also another type of leave worth looking into and being aware of is parental leave this may be useful if it's going to be an ongoing situation (hopefully not) but that is again unpaid and this type of leave you need to give notice for