ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Get a life

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Get a life

Post by tonytucker »

Just returned to del office and people are throwing up there d2ds for Tuesday!seriously sad,just go home! :arrrghhh
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Get a life

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
pants123

Re: Get a life

Post by pants123 »

Well im off to the pub with my xmas tips, get pissed, then onto a vindaloo curry...
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Get a life

Post by halfull »

only in royalmail :arrrghhh
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Get a life

Post by PHARRY »

tonytucker wrote:Just returned to del office and people are throwing up there d2ds for Tuesday!seriously sad,just go home! :arrrghhh

Good idea saves time Tuesday when your doing your d2ds they will throwing in letters and getaway quicker
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Get a life

Post by Dorset Plodder »

PHARRY wrote:
tonytucker wrote:Just returned to del office and people are throwing up there d2ds for Tuesday!seriously sad,just go home! :arrrghhh

Good idea saves time Tuesday when your doing your d2ds they will throwing in letters and getaway quicker
And we "Got away Quicker" to our HOME! I agree with TT...... FFS Get a Life! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
trevjim
Posts: 170
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: Get a life

Post by trevjim »

PHARRY wrote:
tonytucker wrote:Just returned to del office and people are throwing up there d2ds for Tuesday!seriously sad,just go home! :arrrghhh

Good idea saves time Tuesday when your doing your d2ds they will throwing in letters and getaway quicker
Finished duty at 11am today, spent 20 mins through some D2D's up as I had plenty of time to spare, Im now ahead for next week instead trying to playing catch up. I dont see the problem.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Get a life

Post by Dorset Plodder »

trevjim wrote:
Finished duty at 11am today, spent 20 mins through some D2D's up as I had plenty of time to spare, Im now ahead for next week instead trying to playing catch up. I dont see the problem.
In this case it's not a problem trevjim........ you're lucky you managed to finish early. You're still being paid to work by RM, it's the sad buggers who have worked beyond their finish time and then sit there for another hour ...UNPAID...throwing their households off ready for the next week. :no no
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Get a life

Post by OnAFlyer »

Anybody who stays at work 1 second longer than they need to on Christmas Eve is an utter sad case.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Get a life

Post by jimmynailsalive »

OnAFlyer wrote:Anybody who stays at work 1 second longer than they need to on Christmas Eve is an utter sad case.
I handed the first manager I came across (think he's a safety manager) my ID card and he says what's this, I said I'm out of here and won't be back and can you pass it to my lino and straight out the door. :dance
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Get a life

Post by bustedflush »

That's NOTHING!! I was on LD today and we had TWO people off come in between 10:30 and 11 to throw their 2 door-dustbins in the frame..... :crazy: :crazy:
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Get a life

Post by Surreypostie »

The union want you to work all the hours you are paid to protect jobs, RM want you to work all the hours you are paid, if you have time to spare then I don't see the problem with throwing off D2D or anything else for the next working day, even on xmas eve.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Get a life

Post by Spedley »

OnAFlyer wrote:Anybody who stays at work 1 second longer than they need to on Christmas Eve is an utter sad case.
Not totally true - I once got 4 hours pay for 20mins work on Christmas Eve for taking the last bit of mail left in the office on my way home. I said no to 2 hours but could not resist 4!
richiebroon
Posts: 58
Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 18:48
Gender: Male

Re: Get a life

Post by richiebroon »

Why do you care? Coming on here to moan about someone doing something that has absolutely nothing to do with you or affects your work in any way. Who's the real sad sack?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Get a life

Post by Lounge Lizard »

trevjim wrote:
PHARRY wrote:
tonytucker wrote:Just returned to del office and people are throwing up there d2ds for Tuesday!seriously sad,just go home! :arrrghhh

Good idea saves time Tuesday when your doing your d2ds they will throwing in letters and getaway quicker
Finished duty at 11am today, spent 20 mins through some D2D's up as I had plenty of time to spare, Im now ahead for next week instead trying to playing catch up. I dont see the problem.
Finished at 3pm Christmas Eve. :thumbdown
Worst Christmas yet. :sad: