Dozen wrote:I'm currently on a Stage 1 but have come down with a bad case of the cold/some kind of virus
Got some questions:
1. How many days off can I take to recover before triggering a Stage 2? (from what I understand, the amount of time was recently changed, so I tend to get a different number from each person i've asked)
2 absences or 10 days in the next 6 months
following an attendance review 1 formal notification
Dozen wrote:2. Do the days off include non-working days (sundays etc) or is it just working days?
It can be both, if you report sick on a Monday and return the following Monday then its 7 days sickness. But if your last rostered working day was Thursday and you told your manager you were now fit and able on Friday - its counts as 4 days sick. Its important that you tell the bosses when you are fit for work, even if not due to work as it extends the absence.
Dozen wrote:3. Will this affect my christmas bonus?
No. Unless they reduce or stop your pay.
Dozen wrote:4. Is sick leave pro-rata for part-timers? (i work three days a week)
Not sure what you mean. Sick leave is sick leave, you are paid your contract hours for the days off sick.
Dozen wrote:Thanks in advance.
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... nce_Pr.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the pertinent document