ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Returning to work / SA day

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mozalini
Posts: 16
Joined: 07 Jan 2010, 20:55
Gender: Male

Returning to work / SA day

Post by Mozalini »

Hi everyone,
I've been off work for a week with flu now, and I've just phoned in to say I would try my best to go in tomorrow. The manager said as it's my SA day tomorrow I won't be able to return as I need to be in work the day before my SA. Is this correct? I've never heard of that before.

Dan
yorkmover123
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 111
Joined: 06 Oct 2013, 19:57
Gender: Female

Re: Returning to work / SA day

Post by yorkmover123 »

SA is your contract you signed it so you can attend your SA because you have contacted your Line Manager that you are fit to attend work on that day. My advice to you contact your CWU branch to get confirmation on this .Ask your Manager for the SA contract where it states in writing you are not allowed to attend .
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: Returning to work / SA day

Post by motherhubbard »

I don't think you are allowed to perform overtime on the first day back after sick absence but I don't know what agreement it is or was in.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
Mozalini
Posts: 16
Joined: 07 Jan 2010, 20:55
Gender: Male

Re: Returning to work / SA day

Post by Mozalini »

I did text my rep and he said years ago there was a rule that if you had a Sunday, you couldn't do it if you'd been off sick that week.
Looks like I'll be having the day off tomorrow then.
I'll update you when I get back to work