ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas tips

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

Christmas tips

Post by deristrong »

My colleague got £30 from one customer! How much dosh must you have to give the postie £30? So far I've had sweet FA (my walk's on a council estate so fair do's). There's a rural walk down here where the average is £3.5 k and, guess what, the postie works all his days off and, never, ever, goes sick in December!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Christmas tips are very emotive subject. If you get anywhere near that sum.... Lucky you! :Applause Personally I don't work for Tips, and I don't worry about kissing any customer's arse all year...just to make sure I get a tip.

Most of the time I work as a Floater, not even a Regular Reserve, so there's no way I'm going to foster that special relationship some posties have with their customers. Apart from the "Bloody Hell what are you doing over here, I saw you in the next town yesterday"! :cool

I give all the customers the same level of service. The one I'm paid to give them. If someone Tips me great. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

Tips are embarrassing.
haveagojoe
Posts: 159
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 18:14
Gender: Male
Location: You Guess

Re: Christmas tips

Post by haveagojoe »

Best one I ever had was £50 the bloke was starting his own business and got specials virtually every day
:nana :nana
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by aiden01 »

t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:Tips are embarrassing.
WHY
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Creditshampoo »

"How much dosh must you have to give to the postie?"
You don't
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Shaders »

I know someone who got £150 from a wealthy customer who gets lots of packets most days.
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by masterblaster »

Creditshampoo wrote:"How much dosh must you have to give to the postie?"
You don't
£10
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Chelseablue »

I never talk bout tips in the office, not that I get much . It's not fair on the floaters etc . . Thére are a lot who brag about em tho .
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Hitcher »

deristrong wrote:There's a rural walk down here where the average is £3.5 k and, guess what, the postie works all his days off and, never, ever, goes sick in December!
£3500! Bollocks.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Christmas tips are very emotive subject. If you get anywhere near that sum.... Lucky you! :Applause Personally I don't work for Tips, and I don't worry about kissing any customer's arse all year...just to make sure I get a tip.

Most of the time I work as a Floater, not even a Regular Reserve, so there's no way I'm going to foster that special relationship some posties have with their customers. Apart from the "Bloody Hell what are you doing over here, I saw you in the next town yesterday"! :cool

I give all the customers the same level of service. The one I'm paid to give them. If someone Tips me great. :cuppa
Me thinks you doth protest too much :nana
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by jimmynailsalive »

I got a fiver of an old lady in January last year and me and my mate had already split our tips between us so we stuck 4 teams on a footy coupon with it and won £94 or thereabouts. :dance

We gave everyone who tipped us a Christmas card, take it that's the done thing although no longer at that D.O. :cry
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Barbel »

Got £30 so far, a bottle of wine and chocolates. Last year I got over £400 but that was a different round so don't think I'll get anything like that this year.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by Barbel »

Chelseablue wrote:I never talk bout tips in the office, not that I get much . It's not fair on the floaters etc . . Thére are a lot who brag about em tho .
But aren't the floaters getting a share? Depending how much I get I always give mine a share.
buntin
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas tips

Post by buntin »

got 100 quid so far , 20 quid john lewis voucher and 50 quid asda voucher . Last year got same vouchers , loads of booze and chocs etc and 1295 cash . Cant see my getting that much cash this year but time will tell.