ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas tips
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
My colleague got £30 from one customer! How much dosh must you have to give the postie £30? So far I've had sweet FA (my walk's on a council estate so fair do's). There's a rural walk down here where the average is £3.5 k and, guess what, the postie works all his days off and, never, ever, goes sick in December!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Christmas tips are very emotive subject. If you get anywhere near that sum.... Lucky you!
Personally I don't work for Tips, and I don't worry about kissing any customer's arse all year...just to make sure I get a tip.
Most of the time I work as a Floater, not even a Regular Reserve, so there's no way I'm going to foster that special relationship some posties have with their customers. Apart from the "Bloody Hell what are you doing over here, I saw you in the next town yesterday"!
I give all the customers the same level of service. The one I'm paid to give them. If someone Tips me great.
Most of the time I work as a Floater, not even a Regular Reserve, so there's no way I'm going to foster that special relationship some posties have with their customers. Apart from the "Bloody Hell what are you doing over here, I saw you in the next town yesterday"!
I give all the customers the same level of service. The one I'm paid to give them. If someone Tips me great.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Tips are embarrassing.
-
haveagojoe
- Posts: 159
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 18:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: You Guess
Re: Christmas tips
Best one I ever had was £50 the bloke was starting his own business and got specials virtually every day

-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
WHYt3mcIUQWE2 wrote:Tips are embarrassing.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
"How much dosh must you have to give to the postie?"
You don't
You don't
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: Christmas tips
I know someone who got £150 from a wealthy customer who gets lots of packets most days.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
£10Creditshampoo wrote:"How much dosh must you have to give to the postie?"
You don't
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas tips
I never talk bout tips in the office, not that I get much . It's not fair on the floaters etc . . Thére are a lot who brag about em tho .
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
£3500! Bollocks.deristrong wrote:There's a rural walk down here where the average is £3.5 k and, guess what, the postie works all his days off and, never, ever, goes sick in December!
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Me thinks you doth protest too muchDorset Plodder wrote:Christmas tips are very emotive subject. If you get anywhere near that sum.... Lucky you!Personally I don't work for Tips, and I don't worry about kissing any customer's arse all year...just to make sure I get a tip.
Most of the time I work as a Floater, not even a Regular Reserve, so there's no way I'm going to foster that special relationship some posties have with their customers. Apart from the "Bloody Hell what are you doing over here, I saw you in the next town yesterday"!![]()
I give all the customers the same level of service. The one I'm paid to give them. If someone Tips me great.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
I got a fiver of an old lady in January last year and me and my mate had already split our tips between us so we stuck 4 teams on a footy coupon with it and won £94 or thereabouts. 
We gave everyone who tipped us a Christmas card, take it that's the done thing although no longer at that D.O.
We gave everyone who tipped us a Christmas card, take it that's the done thing although no longer at that D.O.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Got £30 so far, a bottle of wine and chocolates. Last year I got over £400 but that was a different round so don't think I'll get anything like that this year.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
But aren't the floaters getting a share? Depending how much I get I always give mine a share.Chelseablue wrote:I never talk bout tips in the office, not that I get much . It's not fair on the floaters etc . . Thére are a lot who brag about em tho .
-
buntin
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
got 100 quid so far , 20 quid john lewis voucher and 50 quid asda voucher . Last year got same vouchers , loads of booze and chocs etc and 1295 cash . Cant see my getting that much cash this year but time will tell.