ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tiny Christmas cards
-
bostaph
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 28 Mar 2012, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Tiny Christmas cards
Anybody else fed up with these minuscule Christmas cards that are so small there's hardly enough space for the address and stamp? Stick a few of these in beside A4 flats and my D2D's and it's a recipe for misdelivery.
I'm starting to get paranoid that one will fall out of my bundle on delivery and I'll not notice!
I'm starting to get paranoid that one will fall out of my bundle on delivery and I'll not notice!
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Same as last year ... and the year before ...
It bugs me when I pull it out of the frame and there is one jammed in at the back - 10 times per day! Grrrr....
It bugs me when I pull it out of the frame and there is one jammed in at the back - 10 times per day! Grrrr....
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
....and don't forget the coloured envelopes addressed in the same colour ink so you can't read them, and the cheapo "50 gorgeous cards for £2" ones whose envelopes come apart on the CCS machine - oh and the ones with the "Santa is coming to see me" badges in that prick your fingers.
And let us also give a big festive cheer for the endless charity letters that go out at a time of year when people don't even have enough money for their own families needs.
And let us also give a big festive cheer for the endless charity letters that go out at a time of year when people don't even have enough money for their own families needs.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
.........And let us also give a big festive cheer for the endless charity letters that go out at a time of year when people don't even have enough money for their own families needs.
I've got pdsa or similar padded envelopes d2d's next week ffs!
I've got pdsa or similar padded envelopes d2d's next week ffs!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Got to be better though than Big Christmas Cards needing to be delivered to recipients with Tiny Letter Boxes? 
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
I don't think he'll be having a Christmas number one this year ..... or any year !!!GT85 wrote:Glitter
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
-
bostaph
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 28 Mar 2012, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
You got me there. That's a good point! :)greengiant wrote:Got to be better though than Big Christmas Cards needing to be delivered to recipients with Tiny Letter Boxes?
-
bostaph
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 28 Mar 2012, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Don't worry about it. They're catching on the CFC machines. Happens all the time. Joe Public already think we're a bunch of thieves anyway.madmax1 wrote:On the subject of Christmas cards, is there a RM policy on cards that are 'open' ie the flap has come undone? It's my first Xmas at RM and I'm paranoid that someone's going to accuse me of opening cards and nicking money out of them out on delivery. Should you show them to a manager before you head out to cover yourself? There are 20+ of them every day on my frame.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Don't get stressed MM. Anyone has a go just tell them, "You shouldn't send cash through the mail"! Had a customer have a go at me one year and I gave him the lecture, well bugger me if he didn't do the same thing the following year!madmax1 wrote:On the subject of Christmas cards, is there a RM policy on cards that are 'open' ie the flap has come undone? It's my first Xmas at RM and I'm paranoid that someone's going to accuse me of opening cards and nicking money out of them out on delivery. Should you show them to a manager before you head out to cover yourself? There are 20+ of them every day on my frame.
I said to him, "I told you last bloody year to tell people not to send you cash through the post"! He didn't say a lot after that.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
The solution I came up with.....I stick them to the other mail for the address with a "Dead Sticker"!When a customer asks me, "What are these stickers"? I tell them, "They're Stupid Sized Envelope stickers"!bostaph wrote:Anybody else fed up with these minuscule Christmas cards that are so small there's hardly enough space for the address and stamp? Stick a few of these in beside A4 flats and my D2D's and it's a recipe for misdelivery.
I'm starting to get paranoid that one will fall out of my bundle on delivery and I'll not notice!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Gets bloody everywhereGT85 wrote:Glitter
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
Damage bags - or tape if you can still get it - is your friendmadmax1 wrote:On the subject of Christmas cards, is there a RM policy on cards that are 'open' ie the flap has come undone? It's my first Xmas at RM and I'm paranoid that someone's going to accuse me of opening cards and nicking money out of them out on delivery. Should you show them to a manager before you head out to cover yourself? There are 20+ of them every day on my frame.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Tiny Christmas cards
worst part about them is that they drop to the bottom of the bundle, so when you take out the letters in front of them, there's no bands around them and they constantly fall out onto the floor.
also, does anyone know why people write "card only" on envelopes? are they trying to put us off opening them in case we think there's money inside or is there a genuine reason?
also, does anyone know why people write "card only" on envelopes? are they trying to put us off opening them in case we think there's money inside or is there a genuine reason?