ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

amazing amazon couriers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

amazing amazon couriers

Post by korky »

i have "prime" 1 day service (free trial)
ordered something monday that would go through the letterbox, tracking says out for delivery today
checked it and delivered at 18:45? not to my house and been in since 4!
will amazon give me an immediate refund? no, i must wait another 24hrs....3 days for a 1 day service and already scanned as delivered?
i can kiss that item goodbye!
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: amazing amazon couriers

Post by Jpro747 »

Be wary though, I tried the free trail and once it's over they automatically sign you up to the real thing and take money out of your account. :shock:

You can get it back providing you don't use the service, but if you had used it even just once they won't give a refund.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: amazing amazon couriers

Post by wannabeek »

I signed up to it then cancelled it after the parcel arrived. They gave me the rest of the month for free and didn't bill me, then let me do exactly the same thing a few months later! I suppose they rely on people never bothering to cancel it.
ThatsNotPlumb
Posts: 165
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
Gender: Male

Re: amazing amazon couriers

Post by ThatsNotPlumb »

Amazon Prime is worth it just for the access to Netflix style access to thousands of movies alone, I think they even do music now as well.

I signed up for the free trial & actually kept it, think it was like £70 for a year at the time if I recall.

I've ordered several things throughout the year & they've all come through Royal Mail via Special or Track 'free' next day delivery with the exception of a new TV, which came through some other courier, that still came next day as well 'free', probably would have cost £10 to have something that size delivered so quickly if I didn't have Amazon Prime. :thumbup
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: amazing amazon couriers

Post by Darren Bent »

and how good is Amazon prime for subtitled shows as I am deaf person. I won't sign up for Netflix or Prime until I know it is good for deaf people.
Anfloyd
Posts: 7
Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 00:04
Gender: Male

Re: amazing amazon couriers

Post by Anfloyd »

ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Amazon Prime is worth it just for the access to Netflix style access to thousands of movies alone, I think they even do music now as well.

I signed up for the free trial & actually kept it, think it was like £70 for a year at the time if I recall.

I've ordered several things throughout the year & they've all come through Royal Mail via Special or Track 'free' next day delivery with the exception of a new TV, which came through some other courier, that still came next day as well 'free', probably would have cost £10 to have something that size delivered so quickly if I didn't have Amazon Prime. :thumbup
It's even more of a bargain if you can sign up using a student email address (.ac.uk address). Half price and the first six months as a free trial.