There has been a notice up in our office regarding the xmas bonus of being £100 and if Part timers were to do full time hours over a two week period then they will also get the full bonus. The snag is you have to be made up on a temp contract to full time as it does not include what overtime you do. When I asked about this last week I was told it was not going to happen in our office but a nearby office most of the part timers have got a full time temp contract. Most of the part timers are doing over 40 hrs a week in December and we will all be awarding with a pitiful part time bonus. Happy Christmas Royal Mail.!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas bonus part 2
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Christmas bonus part 2
Classic Royal Mail at it's best.
There has been a notice up in our office regarding the xmas bonus of being £100 and if Part timers were to do full time hours over a two week period then they will also get the full bonus. The snag is you have to be made up on a temp contract to full time as it does not include what overtime you do. When I asked about this last week I was told it was not going to happen in our office but a nearby office most of the part timers have got a full time temp contract. Most of the part timers are doing over 40 hrs a week in December and we will all be awarding with a pitiful part time bonus. Happy Christmas Royal Mail.!!
There has been a notice up in our office regarding the xmas bonus of being £100 and if Part timers were to do full time hours over a two week period then they will also get the full bonus. The snag is you have to be made up on a temp contract to full time as it does not include what overtime you do. When I asked about this last week I was told it was not going to happen in our office but a nearby office most of the part timers have got a full time temp contract. Most of the part timers are doing over 40 hrs a week in December and we will all be awarding with a pitiful part time bonus. Happy Christmas Royal Mail.!!
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
Didn't the part timers who want overtime have a chat with their depot rep ahead of Xmas, to negotiate with the DOM?
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
I bet most of them haven't joined the union.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Didn't the part timers who want overtime have a chat with their depot rep ahead of Xmas, to negotiate with the DOM?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
Not in a DOM's interest to bother making you up to Temporary Full Time. If it means him doing some work....It's not going to happen!
I've been in Offices were it was Standard Procedure for DOM's to ask, Pre-Christmas, and anyone that wanted it was made up. In others Christmas just arrived....Surprising the DOM....AGAIN!
Posties will either do the Overtime or Not. It's a Win Win situation for a Lazy DOM!
As Trolley mentioned it would be a good idea for the Unit Rep to approach the management. I expect you'd have to chase him a bit though as most of them are already Full Time, and they'll be getting the Full Bonus!
I've been in Offices were it was Standard Procedure for DOM's to ask, Pre-Christmas, and anyone that wanted it was made up. In others Christmas just arrived....Surprising the DOM....AGAIN!
Posties will either do the Overtime or Not. It's a Win Win situation for a Lazy DOM!
As Trolley mentioned it would be a good idea for the Unit Rep to approach the management. I expect you'd have to chase him a bit though as most of them are already Full Time, and they'll be getting the Full Bonus!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
postie1975
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
is it this Friday we get the £200 bonus?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
yespostie1975 wrote:is it this Friday we get the £200 bonus?
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
I vaguely remember it being mentioned at our place before xmas that p/t would be temporarily made up to f/t for the xmas pressure period but not heard anymore about it so I guess that it didn't happen and we will be getting the prorata amount
despite doing f/t hours or
could the DOM of actually done as they said and we just didn't know.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
if you have to claim any hours above your contract up to 39 then he hasn't. If you don't and your pay is correct then he has.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
We're all here because we're not all there
-
Keano
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 03 Apr 2007, 15:01
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
Is there any forfeit of bonus penalty for having 1 days sickness?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
no, and i believe you have to have a full week unpaid for them to take 25% of the bonus awayKeano wrote:Is there any forfeit of bonus penalty for having 1 days sickness?
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
Was it today we were supposed to get it?
Checked my account and it's just my wages in.
Checked my account and it's just my wages in.
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
Checked this morning and the bonus is now in. Got two payslips today too. One with it and one withoutAnonymouse wrote:Was it today we were supposed to get it?
Checked my account and it's just my wages in.
I'm a part timer but done full time over Christmas. Is it meant to be £100 or £200. I only got £100.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
should have been £200 pro-rataAnonymouse wrote:Checked this morning and the bonus is now in. Got two payslips today too. One with it and one withoutAnonymouse wrote:Was it today we were supposed to get it?
Checked my account and it's just my wages in.![]()
I'm a part timer but done full time over Christmas. Is it meant to be £100 or £200. I only got £100.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Christmas bonus part 2
The christmas bonus is £100 but there is another bonus called Incentive Underpin Payment also £100.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.