ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by POSTMAN »

739 copy.gif
DO censored to protect the guilty.
compost.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
richiebroon
Posts: 58
Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 18:48
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by richiebroon »

Deary me. It's not like its going to take up much room in your bag if you take that back is it??
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by 5plusbonusball »

some actually make a point of insisting i leave it in their bins, rm have authorised it, when i put something in there, it is the most dirtiest slimiest bin ever! Unless it's authorised, dtn or 739 it, not bin it, thieves are now checking bins for parcels you know, not worth the sack. :shock:
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
interesting
Posts: 217
Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by interesting »

The green bin has to be a no no
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by rambo1 »

I'm afraid if they put more and more pressure on you to 'get rid first time every time' things like this will happen. Really not worth it, bring it back 739 it, 'discuss ' with manager later if they deem it necessary.
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by Shaders »

Back in the good old days, like a lot of people i used to use my imagination and leave stuff in varios places, but not no more.
I dont leave anything, anywhere FULL STOP, unless it says differently on the address label but even then i take a photo on my phone.
I dont trust them one inch so wont take the risk.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I can just see the new ads next year ----claim now for your lost parceletc. --- now the ppi is running out lol.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by jimmynailsalive »

Today I came up to a door about 15 feet facing a main road and there was an amazon packet forced 1/3rd of the way into the letterbox, I stuffed the mail into my pouch with the intention of endorsing it "No access" but had a packet for next door and mentioned it too them and they agreed to take it so reached over the fence and gave her it and slipped the mail in. :crazy:
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by dave72 »

jimmynailsalive wrote:Today I came up to a door about 15 feet facing a main road and there was an amazon packet forced 1/3rd of the way into the letterbox, I stuffed the mail into my pouch with the intention of endorsing it "No access" but had a packet for next door and mentioned it too them and they agreed to take it so reached over the fence and gave her it and slipped the mail in. :crazy:
Row of terrace houses, garden path about 3 foot long and then the main st, Amazon courier doorstepping parcels :shock:

Funny thing is, one was there for 2 days! :shock:
stan_lers
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by stan_lers »

jimmynailsalive wrote:Today I came up to a door about 15 feet facing a main road and there was an amazon packet forced 1/3rd of the way into the letterbox, I stuffed the mail into my pouch with the intention of endorsing it "No access" but had a packet for next door and mentioned it too them and they agreed to take it so reached over the fence and gave her it and slipped the mail in. :crazy:
Another thing I don't get about Amazon is why they do this with their advice cards too - they always leave them half out the letterbox. If they don't get soaking wet or blow away in the wind first, anyone could walk up and take them, then either call to have the parcel redelivered, or if the driver left it in a safe place they can see where it was left and go and steal it.
ikybear
Posts: 43
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!

Post by ikybear »

If they leave a card at all! Last packet I had from Amazon was left at a neighbour. I only found out when I checked the tracking. And then it didn't say which neighbour!!!