ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is this right?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
paulf0203
Posts: 121
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
Gender: Male

Is this right?

Post by paulf0203 »

I was told I could work my rest day this week but then a postie from another area appears and covers the duty instead of me, is there any agreement that states that employees in that particular area get priority on overtime/rest day working?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Is this right?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

paulf0203 wrote:I was told I could work my rest day this week but then a postie from another area appears and covers the duty instead of me, is there any agreement that states that employees in that particular area get priority on overtime/rest day working?

No.

But there is a section in the flexibility agreement about working in other offices. In the end I guess they thought it was cheaper shipping them in instead of paying you overtime. :thumbdown :thumbdown :sad:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.