ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is it worth contacting HR ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
newboy23

Is it worth contacting HR ?

Post by newboy23 »

Ive been off sick due to stress for a week now, I'm due to go back to the doctors on Friday but have been told by my Dom that I need to come in for a meeting prop to see what work I can do but to be honest I don't feel ready to go back, can a doctor request I don't go back just yet or have I gotta go in ?
Scotland1
Posts: 180
Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
Gender: Female

Re: Is it worth contacting HR ?

Post by Scotland1 »

You don't have to go back and I certainly wouldn't be going in just to speak to Dom, go to docs and get signed off for 2 weeks at a time if need be, don't get too worried about it
newboy23

Re: Is it worth contacting HR ?

Post by newboy23 »

But there threatening to stop my wages if I don't ?
Scotland1
Posts: 180
Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
Gender: Female

Re: Is it worth contacting HR ?

Post by Scotland1 »

Phone hr then and speak to your rep
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Is it worth contacting HR ?

Post by Darren Bent »

it is one of those bullying tactics to try to see if you are desperate enough not to lose your earnings. So keep a record of everything in a diary.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Is it worth contacting HR ?

Post by Newbie001 »

You've got to see the funny side.
Some-ones off with stress, without knowing facts, it'll most likely be due to bullying and harassment. RM's new policy. Bully and harass the staff member to come in, threaten to dock wages, all the while increasing the stress and making it more likely staff member will be off for longer. I mean why would a postie ever feel stressed with such understanding managers. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: Is it worth contacting HR ?

Post by bogstandard »

newboy23 wrote:Ive been off sick due to stress for a week now, I'm due to go back to the doctors on Friday but have been told by my Dom that I need to come in for a meeting prop to see what work I can do but to be honest I don't feel ready to go back, can a doctor request I don't go back just yet or have I gotta go in ?
a meeting ideally should take place but it doesn't have to take place at your place of work, it could happen at a neutral office or at your home or A N Other venue. I'm sure someone will shoot holes in this but this is how i understand it to be.
Your doctor will only recomend you do what you feel up to, and no more. A meeting with your DOM is a meeting with someone who has no medical qualifications whatsoever.
Any retrun to work plan with ATOS need to be agreed with you and ATOS must get your consent to release this to RM. The underlying similarity with the vast majority of complaints from people on here is that they are returning to work too soon for their liking but the business has threatened to stop their money. The business is likley to have paperwork showing they are "only" acting on the advice they have recieved from the ATOS report. An ATOS reprot that the individual has agreed to and has agreed for its release to RM.

One experiance i had was a really genuine and honest bloke who's ATOS report said he would return (****date)) told me his back still wasn't right and hadn't improved since his last meeting, but that he was told by the DOM his money would be stopped if he didn't return to work on said date. He was here because he pressured back in to work and that he was here under duress, and i said but you're here. Not what he wanted to hear i know but the threat of stopping your money cannot and is not a factor in imroving your health.

The point to this whole thing is if you do not agree with the contents of the report do not agree to its release and think you can argue its contents at a later date. Request first sight of the report.

I had one very brave woman ask for first sight and then refuse it to be released as she said it wasn't comlpete or accurate, her words were taken out of context, the meeting was stopped by ATOS when there was more to discuss, the reason given was she had come to the end of her alloted time. RM management were livid let me tell you, on the day she refused release she went to see her manager and told him she had refused its release and explain why. She said she was willing to discuss the report with her manager and let him look at the report and the part she was concerned about but he refused to look at. She continued to discuss the report and the offered the manager the report to look at but he continued to reject it, he kept citing how much this had cost him and said that if she wouldn't release it to RM he didn't want to see it and its void. He tried to put her under immense pressure for her to release it. A couple of weeks later he asked to see the report and she refused saying "i offered you the chance to look at it and discuss it loads the last time we met and you refused, that opportunity has now passed as its void".
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP