ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Safeplace....
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Safeplace....
my local post office in the village I work in, is stacked full of packets n parcels and we are still in November,the postmaster is stressed already lol.Lots of time can be saved on delivery if royal mail post a door to door form for customers to fill in stating if they want there parcels leaving in a safeplace,even if 50 % replied it would save us no end of time,common sense don't you think.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplace....
Perhaps not even 50% of people want their items left unattended, and would sooner go the post office to collect them when they have time?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Safeplace....
600 addresses, a form from each one stating where we can leave packets.
where are the front line supposed to keep them all? pockets are already full with P739's, been left with your neighbour dockets, PDA and the deliver to my neighbour preference card ( another stupid idea thought of by a pen pusher ).
all well and good for the walk holder, he might be able to remember where they want stuff put, but a noob on the walk won't have a clue nor will the packet driver ( as the walk holder / HCT won't see the large packets when they are sorted )
where are the front line supposed to keep them all? pockets are already full with P739's, been left with your neighbour dockets, PDA and the deliver to my neighbour preference card ( another stupid idea thought of by a pen pusher ).
all well and good for the walk holder, he might be able to remember where they want stuff put, but a noob on the walk won't have a clue nor will the packet driver ( as the walk holder / HCT won't see the large packets when they are sorted )
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplace....
What parcels would you leave? as the only packets or parcels we can leave in a safe place are tracked ones that specifically state on the parcel where to leave them, we are not allowed to leave any other parcels or packets anywhere apart from a neighbour
are you currently leaving parcels or packets in safe places that recipients have told you that are not tracked ones with instructions printed on them?
are you currently leaving parcels or packets in safe places that recipients have told you that are not tracked ones with instructions printed on them?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplace....
the thing with safeplaces, is that theyre only safe until something goes missing... then it wasnt such a safeplace was it ? any item left unattended could be stolen or could be claimed to have been stolen.... absent of a locked box no place is safe.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplace....
For every walk in this country you'll probably get a different answer. For every Delivery Office in this country you'll get a different set of rules & guidelines. We all have to get the job done somehow.
I work on the twin principles of: 1) Using my initiative, as to what's safe and if I feel confident to leave a parcel.
2) Covering my own arse, and making sure I don't drop myself in the shite!
I work on the twin principles of: 1) Using my initiative, as to what's safe and if I feel confident to leave a parcel.
2) Covering my own arse, and making sure I don't drop myself in the shite!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Safeplace....
I personally think it's a bad idea,I can imagine the confusion now.We have approx 1400 to 1500 delivery points on our shared duty,so that would be over 700 different instructions to remember and a possible disciplinary from each one if you screw up,do us a favour comeracing don't write to the courier with you bright idea there's a good lad.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
BexyB9
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
- Gender: Female
Re: Safeplace....
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________Dorset Plodder wrote:For every walk in this country you'll probably get a different answer. For every Delivery Office in this country you'll get a different set of rules & guidelines. We all have to get the job done somehow.
I work on the twin principles of: 1) Using my initiative, as to what's safe and if I feel confident to leave a parcel.
2) Covering my own arse, and making sure I don't drop myself in the shite!
I couldn't agree with you more.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplace....
the trouble with that is, if something did go missing, or claimed to have gone missing then its still going to comeback on you. I had an item go missing from somewhere I believe is impossible to be stolen from as it was so hidden but the customer said it wasnt there, so guess what ? my fault ... :arrrghhhDorset Plodder wrote:
I work on the twin principles of: 1) Using my initiative, as to what's safe and if I feel confident to leave a parcel.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplace....
I love the note on the door "Postie, leave packet in greenhouse/bin/behind plant"
Yeah, very safeplace letting everyone see the note telling them where your parcel is
Yeah, very safeplace letting everyone see the note telling them where your parcel is
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplace....
Hah! And to add insult to injury they ask you to leave a note, so you want me to doorstep your item then incriminate myself in the process? I think not.dave72 wrote:I love the note on the door "Postie, leave packet in greenhouse/bin/behind plant"
Yeah, very safeplace letting everyone see the note telling them where your parcel is
-
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplace....
We have the addition of " if I'm not in please sign for if needed " , they do get arsey when you don't , usually telling you that their normal postie does.
-
confusednewpostie
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 18 Oct 2009, 11:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplace....
Unless it EXPLICITLY states on a TRACKED item the "SAFE PLACE" I do not leave anything!zx135 wrote:What parcels would you leave? as the only packets or parcels we can leave in a safe place are tracked ones that specifically state on the parcel where to leave them, we are not allowed to leave any other parcels or packets anywhere apart from a neighbour
are you currently leaving parcels or packets in safe places that recipients have told you that are not tracked ones with instructions printed on them?
The pre advise on tracks also lists the safe place so the customer cant dispute they choose the location if anything happens!
My office trialed safe place/ specific neighbours for items to be left at, but the now official printed Royal Mail form we ask customers to complete is ONLY for neighbours, safe place locations are not included on it.
We constantly get customers coming down saying got a card saying my parcel was in my bin, nothing was there when i checked, complaint ensues.
Also customers keep saying i filled in one of those neighbour forms and the postie never delivered to my neighbour, "thats because the item went with a driver, and they werent privy to the specified neighbour you picked" blank face stares back!
If ALL delivery points in every office had "safe place's" how could you possibly keep track of them all, and as someone else said, the min you stick the non regular duty holder on it it all goes belly up!