ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Work related stress?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
newboy23

Work related stress?

Post by newboy23 »

Been signed off for a week with work related stress and have just been given a letter asking me to come in tomorrow for a meeting, can they do that or do they have to wait till im back ?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Work related stress?

Post by POSTMAN »

Tell him/her/it that you are too unwell to attend,and send him/her/it the link below...

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2015/1 ... -awareness" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this is for you...
http://www.rmgfirstclasssupport.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
max power
Posts: 113
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30

Re: Work related stress?

Post by max power »

its a standard procedure letter
don't go in you've been signed off
newboy23

Re: Work related stress?

Post by newboy23 »

So I don't have to attend, I can just message them back saying I'm not feeling well enough to attend ?
newboy23

Re: Work related stress?

Post by newboy23 »

And all the letter says is they basically want me to come in to see what other duties I can, but if I've been signed off for a week by a doctor can they make me come in ?
Daco
Posts: 33
Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 14:34
Gender: Male
Location: Merseyside

Re: Work related stress?

Post by Daco »

I went off with work related stress a few weeks ago on a Friday, DOM rang me at 10 am and said if you don't come in and see me you'll be taken off pay, told him I was to stressed.
Saturday I received a special delivery saying they were taking me off pay and I was to come in and see them 7am Monday so I sent a letter back saying I was to ill so I was taken off pay.
I went in to see them the following Monday and was put back on pay for that week but to this day I havnt received any for the Friday and Saturday or any for the following week.
So just be careful on that one.
newboy23

Re: Work related stress?

Post by newboy23 »

Daco wrote:I went off with work related stress a few weeks ago on a Friday, DOM rang me at 10 am and said if you don't come in and see me you'll be taken off pay, told him I was to stressed.
Saturday I received a special delivery saying they were taking me off pay and I was to come in and see them 7am Monday so I sent a letter back saying I was to ill so I was taken off pay.
I went in to see them the following Monday and was put back on pay for that week but to this day I havnt received any for the Friday and Saturday or any for the following week.
So just be careful on that one.
They did threaten me with that cause i didn't answer the phone
newboy23

Re: Work related stress?

Post by newboy23 »

Also do they have the right to send managers round my house every day ?