I just looked at tomorrow's weather and thought that's a cut-off of a day right there and then looked at Saturday's and gave a few F'in expletives as it somehow managed to look twice as bad as tomorrow.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Weather forecasts
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Weather forecasts
Anyone else an avid weather watcher to decide their plan of action in advance?
I just looked at tomorrow's weather and thought that's a cut-off of a day right there and then looked at Saturday's and gave a few F'in expletives as it somehow managed to look twice as bad as tomorrow.

I just looked at tomorrow's weather and thought that's a cut-off of a day right there and then looked at Saturday's and gave a few F'in expletives as it somehow managed to look twice as bad as tomorrow.
-
ikybear
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Weather forecasts
You look at the weather and decide if you're cutting off???
What about looking at how much work you've got in the morning??
What about looking at how much work you've got in the morning??
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Weather forecasts
im guessing hes consistently going over
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Weather forecasts
What with Black Friday already started early, I can guarantee as a reserve I'll be flung on some walk at the last minute because someone hasn't shown or some other reason and I'll be near last out the door.Postie45 wrote:im guessing hes consistently going over
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Weather forecasts
On the subject of the weather I'm convinced it has got far wetter in recent years... I've been doing the job 15 years and at one time it only seemed to be about once or twice a month that you'd have days when you get absolutely soaked to the skin, yet now it's at least twice a week whatever the season.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Weather forecasts
Shocker today and forecast is still for a lot worse tomorrow with a hefty wind. Out early today although we still left most of oversized packets.
-
mancpat
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Weather forecasts
I find it rains more in the afternoons so the later you're out the more likely a soaking. Especially in winter. Probably yo do with it being slightly milder then and more unsettled.wacko74 wrote:On the subject of the weather I'm convinced it has got far wetter in recent years... I've been doing the job 15 years and at one time it only seemed to be about once or twice a month that you'd have days when you get absolutely soaked to the skin, yet now it's at least twice a week whatever the season.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Weather forecasts
I'm no longer an avid weather watcher, why waste my time when 99% of the time it will now P1ssin down with the other 1% p!ssin down and blowing a gale. 
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Weather forecasts
Saying that, it's now December and I haven't dug out my gloves yet.