ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Gadgets for Postmen
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Gadgets for Postmen
I love gadgets. I hope I don't get wrong for advertising but I think this is a pretty good wish-list for a postman with Christmas coming:
Waterproof cagoule (which is actually waterproof!!)
https://www.montane.co.uk/en/men/clothi ... mic-jacket
Cap with integral light:
http://panthervision.co.uk/powercap-4-led-stealth.html
Utility belt, Batman style:
https://www.niton999.co.uk/clothing-acc ... l?___SID=U
Waterproof gloves:
http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/gloves/spor ... oves-olive
Rechargeable handwarmer for when waiting for a partner between loops in the snow:
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/43822/HotRox- ... 24224643:s
Fitbit - HOW many calories did I burn today OMG! Give me another slice of Xmas pud!
https://www.fitbit.com/uk/surge
Make sure you get the Bounts membership with that Fitbit to make it pay for itself:
https://www.bounts.it/
Pen cord, useful to keep your keys on too:
http://www.ryman.co.uk/ryman-coloured-badge-reel
And something for the cheapskates who will only get something at Poundland for you anyway:
http://www.poundland.co.uk/10-pk-retractable-pens
Any more suggestions to add to my list?
Waterproof cagoule (which is actually waterproof!!)
https://www.montane.co.uk/en/men/clothi ... mic-jacket
Cap with integral light:
http://panthervision.co.uk/powercap-4-led-stealth.html
Utility belt, Batman style:
https://www.niton999.co.uk/clothing-acc ... l?___SID=U
Waterproof gloves:
http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/gloves/spor ... oves-olive
Rechargeable handwarmer for when waiting for a partner between loops in the snow:
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/43822/HotRox- ... 24224643:s
Fitbit - HOW many calories did I burn today OMG! Give me another slice of Xmas pud!
https://www.fitbit.com/uk/surge
Make sure you get the Bounts membership with that Fitbit to make it pay for itself:
https://www.bounts.it/
Pen cord, useful to keep your keys on too:
http://www.ryman.co.uk/ryman-coloured-badge-reel
And something for the cheapskates who will only get something at Poundland for you anyway:
http://www.poundland.co.uk/10-pk-retractable-pens
Any more suggestions to add to my list?
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
Got to have the best base layers for wet weather....http://www.nordiclife.co.uk/collections ... st-selling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
Help your mate out!wannabeek wrote:Rechargeable handwarmer for when waiting for a partner between loops in the snow:
Any more suggestions to add to my list?
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
Pretty sure the last thing I want to do is do someone else's share of the workload. None of the loops are THAT misbalanced were he should be 10 mins behind, 5 tops.jimmynailsalive wrote:Help your mate out!wannabeek wrote:Rechargeable handwarmer for when waiting for a partner between loops in the snow:
Any more suggestions to add to my list?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
Hmm.. he's in a warm van half a mile away and I'm standing on a street corner with a empty trolley. Should i send him a supportive text message? Would that help him out? Good grief.jimmynailsalive wrote:Help your mate out!wannabeek wrote:Rechargeable handwarmer for when waiting for a partner between loops in the snow:
Any more suggestions to add to my list?
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
Uniball Powertank pen, writes under water, upside down, in the cold.
http://www.cultpens.com/c/q/brands/uni- ... -powertank" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Basically an essential for this job if you've ever tried to write a 739 in the rain with a RM issue biro ...
Another personal favourite, play your own music in the van from your bluetooth phone. Also serves as a backup phone charger.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Wirel ... 00GR2M3M8/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cultpens.com/c/q/brands/uni- ... -powertank" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Basically an essential for this job if you've ever tried to write a 739 in the rain with a RM issue biro ...
Another personal favourite, play your own music in the van from your bluetooth phone. Also serves as a backup phone charger.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Wirel ... 00GR2M3M8/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
I use those powertank pens,brilliant and if you really want a top notch base layer try "ussen" they are IMHO the very best there is.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
Sealskinz waterproof socks can be nice too. They're warm and they keep your feet (mostly) dry. I say "mostly" because whilst the socks themselves appear to be waterproof as advertised, in a long enough rain storm a small amount of water will run down your leg and seep through where you legs go into the socks. You thus end up standing in a very small puddle of water, however since it' can't get out (due to the socks being waterproof) your feet end up warming the water up so whilst they're a bit damp they're not cold! (The socks are breathable so it's not like having your feet in plastic bags.)wannabeek wrote:Waterproof gloves:
http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/gloves/spor ... oves-olive
-
bostaph
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 28 Mar 2012, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
Having just bought a Berghaus waterproof jacket to wear under my supposedly RM storm proof jacket (also on the lookout for waterproof gloves and cap, and gaiters), I was wondering if anyone else is spending their own money just so they can stay warm and dry?wannabeek wrote:I love gadgets. I hope I don't get wrong for advertising but I think this is a pretty good wish-list for a postman with Christmas coming:
Waterproof cagoule (which is actually waterproof!!)
https://www.montane.co.uk/en/men/clothi ... mic-jacket
Cap with integral light:
http://panthervision.co.uk/powercap-4-led-stealth.html
Utility belt, Batman style:
https://www.niton999.co.uk/clothing-acc ... l?___SID=U
Waterproof gloves:
http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/gloves/spor ... oves-olive
Rechargeable handwarmer for when waiting for a partner between loops in the snow:
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/43822/HotRox- ... 24224643:s
Fitbit - HOW many calories did I burn today OMG! Give me another slice of Xmas pud!
https://www.fitbit.com/uk/surge
Make sure you get the Bounts membership with that Fitbit to make it pay for itself:
https://www.bounts.it/
Pen cord, useful to keep your keys on too:
http://www.ryman.co.uk/ryman-coloured-badge-reel
And something for the cheapskates who will only get something at Poundland for you anyway:
http://www.poundland.co.uk/10-pk-retractable-pens
Any more suggestions to add to my list?
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
DB1100 wrote:I use those powertank pens,brilliant and if you really want a top notch base layer try "ussen" they are IMHO the very best there is.
Just had a look at Ussen.
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
I spend a fortune on clothes.RM's uniform is not fit for purpose. Gore wind stopper jackets,Woolpower thermals and Dexshell water proof socks, better than Sealskinz (I wear a merino sock liner with them as well with them). I think I must have spent over a £1000 spent on socks alone.bostaph wrote:Having just bought a Berghaus waterproof jacket to wear under my supposedly RM storm proof jacket (also on the lookout for waterproof gloves and cap, and gaiters), I was wondering if anyone else is spending their own money just so they can stay warm and dry?wannabeek wrote:I love gadgets. I hope I don't get wrong for advertising but I think this is a pretty good wish-list for a postman with Christmas coming:
Waterproof cagoule (which is actually waterproof!!)
https://www.montane.co.uk/en/men/clothi ... mic-jacket
Cap with integral light:
http://panthervision.co.uk/powercap-4-led-stealth.html
Utility belt, Batman style:
https://www.niton999.co.uk/clothing-acc ... l?___SID=U
Waterproof gloves:
http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/gloves/spor ... oves-olive
Rechargeable handwarmer for when waiting for a partner between loops in the snow:
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/43822/HotRox- ... 24224643:s
Fitbit - HOW many calories did I burn today OMG! Give me another slice of Xmas pud!
https://www.fitbit.com/uk/surge
Make sure you get the Bounts membership with that Fitbit to make it pay for itself:
https://www.bounts.it/
Pen cord, useful to keep your keys on too:
http://www.ryman.co.uk/ryman-coloured-badge-reel
And something for the cheapskates who will only get something at Poundland for you anyway:
http://www.poundland.co.uk/10-pk-retractable-pens
Any more suggestions to add to my list?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
Are these the Dexshell socks you'd recommend?:
http://www.dexshell.com/trekking.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do the layers come apart for washing or does the whole thing go in together?
Ah, sorry just read it properly - you have a separate merino sock liner as well so you don't have to wash the Dexshell so often. Sounds like a good idea.
http://www.dexshell.com/trekking.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do the layers come apart for washing or does the whole thing go in together?
Ah, sorry just read it properly - you have a separate merino sock liner as well so you don't have to wash the Dexshell so often. Sounds like a good idea.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
A lot of people don't realise the importance of good sock's till it's too late,bridgedale trekkers are my favourite.cyrus wrote:I spend a fortune on clothes.RM's uniform is not fit for purpose. Gore wind stopper jackets,Woolpower thermals and Dexshell water proof socks, better than Sealskinz (I wear a merino sock liner with them as well with them). I think I must have spent over a £1000 spent on socks alone.bostaph wrote:Having just bought a Berghaus waterproof jacket to wear under my supposedly RM storm proof jacket (also on the lookout for waterproof gloves and cap, and gaiters), I was wondering if anyone else is spending their own money just so they can stay warm and dry?wannabeek wrote:I love gadgets. I hope I don't get wrong for advertising but I think this is a pretty good wish-list for a postman with Christmas coming:
Waterproof cagoule (which is actually waterproof!!)
https://www.montane.co.uk/en/men/clothi ... mic-jacket
Cap with integral light:
http://panthervision.co.uk/powercap-4-led-stealth.html
Utility belt, Batman style:
https://www.niton999.co.uk/clothing-acc ... l?___SID=U
Waterproof gloves:
http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/gloves/spor ... oves-olive
Rechargeable handwarmer for when waiting for a partner between loops in the snow:
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/43822/HotRox- ... 24224643:s
Fitbit - HOW many calories did I burn today OMG! Give me another slice of Xmas pud!
https://www.fitbit.com/uk/surge
Make sure you get the Bounts membership with that Fitbit to make it pay for itself:
https://www.bounts.it/
Pen cord, useful to keep your keys on too:
http://www.ryman.co.uk/ryman-coloured-badge-reel
And something for the cheapskates who will only get something at Poundland for you anyway:
http://www.poundland.co.uk/10-pk-retractable-pens
Any more suggestions to add to my list?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
Well worth the money mate.cyrus wrote:DB1100 wrote:I use those powertank pens,brilliant and if you really want a top notch base layer try "ussen" they are IMHO the very best there is.
Just had a look at Ussen.How many folk complain of cold hands in this job? Base layers with thumb loops, stop that problem.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Gadgets for Postmen
For us "bags on backs peeps" ... futureproof !!!

"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...