ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New round + New recruit

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
PostieBlue
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 May 2015, 06:50
Gender: Female

New round + New recruit

Post by PostieBlue »

So tomorrow, and for the best part of this week I have been put on a round I have never done before (in full, I have done a couple roads of it as a spare) and I think quite possibly with a new recruit.

What would you do if you were me? I don't mind the bit extra overtime but for the first day of a new round I'd rather not have to do too much as I'll prob be spending half the day trying to figure it out.

I'm thinking leave parcels (like everyone else in the office at this time of year) at the least.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: New round + New recruit

Post by Jpro747 »

So you're training a newbie on a round you barely know yourself?

Aren't our managers wonderful at their jobs :Very Happy

I would approach the manager first thing and explain the situation, he/she should instruct you to leave parcels or mail in the frame. any problems just use the cut off procedure
Last edited by Jpro747 on 23 Nov 2015, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: New round + New recruit

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

No don't. Its a sure way to be sacked.

If you think you have too much work to complete on time, or within a reasonable time span then inform your manager (and have a witness) and let them make the decision.

Managers can leave mail, and can instruct you to do so, but we CANNOT leave mail without authorisation. In fact technically its a crime - Delaying Post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
PostieBlue
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 May 2015, 06:50
Gender: Female

Re: New round + New recruit

Post by PostieBlue »

Not a brand new recruit, shes been on it at the least 1 week (hardly anything i know).

Still crap but I wont be training her per se. just nudging her like shes bambi on ice.
PostieBlue
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 May 2015, 06:50
Gender: Female

Re: New round + New recruit

Post by PostieBlue »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No don't. Its a sure way to be sacked.

If you think you have too much work to complete on time, or within a reasonable time span then inform your manager (and have a witness) and let them make the decision.

Managers can leave mail, and can instruct you to do so, but we CANNOT leave mail without authorisation. In fact technically its a crime - Delaying Post.
Yes I'd inform a manager, I know the procedure, have never left anything without informing the manager first.

When I said "leave mail" I took it as a given that everyone informed their manager.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: New round + New recruit

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

PostieBlue wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No don't. Its a sure way to be sacked.

If you think you have too much work to complete on time, or within a reasonable time span then inform your manager (and have a witness) and let them make the decision.

Managers can leave mail, and can instruct you to do so, but we CANNOT leave mail without authorisation. In fact technically its a crime - Delaying Post.
Yes I'd inform a manager, I know the procedure, have never left anything without informing the manager first.

When I said "leave mail" I took it as a given that everyone informed their manager.
also worth noting you are not allowed to stream mail so you can't just leave the parcels, if you can't complete you do everything from a to r and leave everything fom s to z , leaving parcels 2nd class etc is not allowed yes mangers try and get you to do this but it is forbidden and cwu want to know when people get instructions to do this