ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Strike

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
papadontpreach
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 15:40
Gender: Male

Strike

Post by papadontpreach »

When are we going on strike?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Strike

Post by greengiant »

papadontpreach wrote:When are we going on strike?
"we" as in the people who post to the forum? :whistle
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Strike

Post by arnold cheshire »

papadontpreach wrote:When are we going on strike?
News to me
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Strike

Post by baldrick »

The Tories are going to make it illegal.
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Strike

Post by halfull »

some offices have already been striking in the last few weeks, can only see more of this with workload pressures.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Strike

Post by daveyeff »

halfull wrote:some offices have already been striking in the last few weeks, can only see more of this with workload pressures.
but the mail is declining :Very Happy
zola4ever
Posts: 74
Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
Gender: Male
Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE

Re: Strike

Post by zola4ever »

Not me because I go to work with a spring in my step. Everything is good, so I have been told.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Strike

Post by Postie45 »

what would we be striking about exactly ?
Grahammatthews
Posts: 12
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 19:50
Gender: Male

Re: Strike

Post by Grahammatthews »

Hope no one on here from Worcester mpu thinks it's ok to strike ,
Last edited by Grahammatthews on 26 Nov 2015, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Strike

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Grahammatthews wrote:Hope no one on here from Worcester mpu thinks it's ok to strike , if that happens I will do everything I can to get rid
You do realise that what you have posted, if you are able to carry out that "threat" is possibly a criminal offence, never mind an attack on a democratic right.

The crime if you are interested is unfair dismissal or treatment for Union activities Section 152 Trade Union and
Labour Relations Act 1992

For once I hope you are not a manager, as any dismissal, or enforced transfer at your unit could now be questionable. I guess RM still don't brief their managers on legal matters.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Strike

Post by halfull »

Grahammatthews wrote:Hope no one on here from Worcester mpu thinks it's ok to strike , if that happens I will do everything I can to get rid
shocking post.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Strike

Post by greengiant »

a manager posting on rmchat under his real name?
or someone pretending to be a manager posting under his real name?

Tin foil hat time! :shock:
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Strike

Post by DB1100 »

Grahammatthews wrote:Hope no one on here from Worcester mpu thinks it's ok to strike , if that happens I will do everything I can to get rid
What an incentive to strike.
For we were soldiers once,and young
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Strike

Post by scoobydo79 »

Where do You want Your leaving do Graham :wave
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Strike

Post by crazyshrew »

Grahammatthews wrote:Hope no one on here from Worcester mpu thinks it's ok to strike , if that happens I will do everything I can to get rid
I hope everyone at Worcester MPU thinks it's OK to strike, and will walk out if they are routinely spoken to in this manner at work.