This shouldn't be happening and the Union rep is next to useless
This shouldn't be going on and if you whistleblow you have to give your name.
What will happen.....more hours taken out the office
Seems to be the norm on DOs and MCs up and down the countryeastie wrote:We have a DOM and 2 Line Managers sorting lapsed walks, Doing the cage, sorting parcels, IPS etc
This shouldn't be happening and the Union rep is next to useless
This shouldn't be going on and if you whistleblow you have to give your name.
What will happen.....more hours taken out the office
The email adress is justsayit@royalmail.comHitcher wrote:Don't bother nothing will happen.
It's all part of the bonus culture that has become prevalent in RM today but it's the top bosses who really get the big bucks!ThatsNotPlumb wrote:The fact that this sort of thing seems to be almost considered 'normal' behavior tells you just how inept some DO's/MC's union reps are.
I mean how could you call yourself a rep when you stand by and see hours cut from your DO, yet at the same time walk past managers doing opg work prepping frames, distributing trays, sorting mail/packets/tracks/specials, shifting yorks about from here to there & I've even heard that some have been out on delivery!![]()
Whether or not somethings been said about it behind the scenes is really irrelevant as it's still happening. I've no problem if a manager wants to aid once in a blue moon to get people up and out the door, but it shouldn't be happening everyday, which is what seems to happen.
The Rep isn't there to potentially jeopardise their job, (despite the fact some may call them 'useless'), their instruction is the IR Framework and leave those issues for Divisional/Area to deal with.ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Whether or not somethings been said about it behind the scenes is really irrelevant as it's still happening.
I reported numerous things that I know for a fact are wrong over a period of 2 months and after repeated replies that every was being taken care of or wasn't actually happening I got this final response.zx135 wrote:The email adress is justsayit@royalmail.comHitcher wrote:Don't bother nothing will happen.
as for nothing happening, that's usually not the case the team that deal with them are very proactive and you usually seem results pretty quickly, the cases that don't usually work are when people complain about things they think are wrong but in actual case are actually allowed in certain circumstances, ie undelivered mail, manager reports it but postie not happen so email moya, manager followed correct procedures so nothing happens and postie pissed off as he thought incorrectly manager in the wrong
Good afternoon
Thank you for your email to Moya’s JustSayIt site. I have again been asked to reply.
[removed]
[removed]
[removed]
May I add that the JustSayIt channel is not an anonymous one. Perhaps it may be of benefit if I ask your manager to speak to you personally so that you can fully discuss your continued concerns. To do this please provide me with your name.
Alternatively, if you prefer to continue to report these issues anonymously may I kindly suggest that this is brought to the attention of our Speak Up team. They are independent of Royal Mail and investigate complaints of this nature anonymously and confidentially. It may therefore be more appropriate for you to contact them. Their details are found at http://www.intouchfeedback.com/royalmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
You may also speak with our employee support team, “First Class Support” helpline - 0800 688 8777 for employee assistance.
Thank you again for highlighting these issues.
Kind regards
Jane
what we're you complaining about?Hitcher wrote:I reported numerous things that I know for a fact are wrong over a period of 2 months and after repeated replies that every was being taken care of or wasn't actually happening I got this final response.zx135 wrote:The email adress is justsayit@royalmail.comHitcher wrote:Don't bother nothing will happen.
as for nothing happening, that's usually not the case the team that deal with them are very proactive and you usually seem results pretty quickly, the cases that don't usually work are when people complain about things they think are wrong but in actual case are actually allowed in certain circumstances, ie undelivered mail, manager reports it but postie not happen so email moya, manager followed correct procedures so nothing happens and postie pissed off as he thought incorrectly manager in the wrong
Good afternoon
Thank you for your email to Moya’s JustSayIt site. I have again been asked to reply.
[removed]
[removed]
[removed]
May I add that the JustSayIt channel is not an anonymous one. Perhaps it may be of benefit if I ask your manager to speak to you personally so that you can fully discuss your continued concerns. To do this please provide me with your name.
Alternatively, if you prefer to continue to report these issues anonymously may I kindly suggest that this is brought to the attention of our Speak Up team. They are independent of Royal Mail and investigate complaints of this nature anonymously and confidentially. It may therefore be more appropriate for you to contact them. Their details are found at http://www.intouchfeedback.com/royalmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
You may also speak with our employee support team, “First Class Support” helpline - 0800 688 8777 for employee assistance.
Thank you again for highlighting these issues.
Kind regards
Jane
Hitcher wrote:No van checks, trolleys not being used/bags on shoulders, D2D's being left over for the following week and/or not done at all on lapsed/OT duties, people leaving the office 2 hours early as soon as the IPS is done hence not taking their miss-sorts/redirections, etc.
In each reply I was told these things weren't happening and proper procedures were being adhered to, so I gave up caring any more.