ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Holidays

Post by redneck »

I now have a few days over after booking and taking my four weeks (24 days) off due to crossing a boundary linked to time of service, applying up until end of March. As usual (according to the old heads of state in the office) the local management are making it very difficult to take these extra days. If I want to is it possible to take these days for cash or do they just roll over into the next financial year and so on?

I would prefer the time off.
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Holidays

Post by crazyshrew »

You should be allowed to take all leave entitlement in this holiday year, if it's not possible Royal Mail will allow you co carry over up to 5 days in to the next holiday year.

As for payment, you can't trade your statutory holiday entitlement for pay, but I'm unsure where you'd stand with contractual entitlement that is over the legal minimum. I would suspect it goes against an agreement.

As you say you'd prefer the time off and you are certainly entitled to take it, just maybe not exactly when you want.
tmac
Posts: 163
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 15:25
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by tmac »

Trying to get annual leave is a nightmare its case of see me later but I need a day off .Oh it's fully booked out of interest how many days are we offically allowed to roll over.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Holidays

Post by korky »

tmac wrote: out of interest how many days are we officially allowed to roll over.
thought it was 3 days, maybe 5, but surely you can demand your years entitlement that year regardless if they say no more dates left, pretty sure its illegal to deny you your days off, whether you want a week off in march is another choice