ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A Lilt in Our Gait??
-
Eastie16
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 17 Jun 2011, 01:03
- Gender: Female
A Lilt in Our Gait??
At Moya's recent CBI appearance, she reportedly said "95% of Royal Mail staff come to work with a lilt in their gait"!
Even Daily Mail/Telegraph/CBI audience were incredulous. D'you think she meant to say "limp"?
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: A Lilt in Our Gait??
In the Daily Mail it was quoted Miss Green attracted mocking laughter from the audience when she suggested all her staff were so happy they walked with a spring in their step.... 
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: A Lilt in Our Gait??
Probably because they have noticed over recent years that a lot of postmen/postwomen are so worn out or injured they can barely walk let alone manage a "spring in their step"malcolm3011 wrote:In the Daily Mail it was quoted Miss Green attracted mocking laughter from the audience when she suggested all her staff were so happy they walked with a spring in their step....
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
ratchet
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Buggered off to France
Re: A Lilt in Our Gait??
A statement so crass it's laughable, hence it's now my signature.
She should be emabarrased if she expected anyone to take that remark even remotely seriously.
She should be emabarrased if she expected anyone to take that remark even remotely seriously.
I am no longer a number :-)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: A Lilt in Our Gait??
I agree she must have meant LIMP! 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: A Lilt in Our Gait??
or tilt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: A Lilt in Our Gait??
And that c*** is paid £millions. If she meant a spring in our step, then that is one dangerous motherfucker we have over us.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Re: A Lilt in Our Gait??
Totally and utterly detached from reality.
-
thehobbit
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 12:14
- Gender: Male
Re: A Lilt in Our Gait??
so I take it the "Have you say survey" has been ignored and quietly forgotten Again. or she would have quoted the percentages to prove this crass statement
by the way I and my neighbours have not had mail for 2 days and apparently it is piled high up on top of the frame , so I am not holding my breath for today
Well I was right no mail today pity the postie calling tomorrow
by the way I and my neighbours have not had mail for 2 days and apparently it is piled high up on top of the frame , so I am not holding my breath for today
Well I was right no mail today pity the postie calling tomorrow
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: A Lilt in Our Gait??
I've got a LIFT in my gait, my specialist gave me some insoles for my P.F. that lift my fallen arches. 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??