ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Long service awards
-
jimbob69
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Long service awards
Does anyone know if the long service awards still exist. I will be reaching 30 years service in February and wondered what if anything I might receive.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
It was £120 in vouchers and a plastic paperweight three years ago. Some people on this site said it had been reduced to £80 . I can't confirm that though. Also I had an invite to a long service event, an evening at sandown park , horse racing. Not my scene so politely declined.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: Long service awards
I think you should be allowed to choose which duties the office will be lapsing that week as a long service reward.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
theargyspy
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: UK
Re: Long service awards
Got my 30 year award in Sept, it was the usual lump of perspex with removable certificate (removed and put in a nice photo of the wife) a little RM pin badge (went in the bin) and a sml booklet giving me some choices, I can't remember what they were (not a great deal) a letter thanking me for my service, plus another letter with a link to a website and password that I could only access on, or after my thirty year date had passed. I logged on to the website using the password and my pay number and picked £100 of Amazon vouchers which showed in my Amazon account instantly.
I have since chucked the paperwork away but I think I could have picked other vouchers too like John Lewis
hope that help
I have since chucked the paperwork away but I think I could have picked other vouchers too like John Lewis
hope that help
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
There was a letter in the September/October edition of the Voice about this. It said the 30 year award had been reduced from £150 to £100 in vouchers. Apparently RM say this is because staff had told them they would rather go to an event. 
-
theargyspy
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: UK
Re: Long service awards
Yes now you mention it, that rings a bell, I don't know any of us old timers that have actually been to one of those events in our large office, guess it's another way of saving money because so few take up the offer of attending an event. Also another of those phantom surveys that RM put out, who in their right mind would prefer less moneybaldrick wrote:There was a letter in the September/October edition of the Voice about this. It said the 30 year award had been reduced from £150 to £100 in vouchers. Apparently RM say this is because staff had told them they would rather go to an event.
to the OP you would have got more replies posting this in Blue Shirts as opposed to Union room, not really union related
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
-
jimbob69
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
Thanks to all of you that replied, I agree that it sounds like another RM cut, but at least I can say I 've seen the best years, things will never be as good as they were in the past.
Apologies for asking this question in the union room, this being my first visit I wasn't quite sure of what I was doing . Thanks again!!
Apologies for asking this question in the union room, this being my first visit I wasn't quite sure of what I was doing . Thanks again!!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
Previous posters are correct, in that the Money has been reduced. A long serving member of my office recently complained via Tell Moya, that the money offered was an insult for the 25 years service it was meant to be rewarding.
The Management Bullshit that she received in reply was laughable (it was posted on the notice board). They agreed that it was indeed insufficient to reward all those years of loyalty so........ they were going to reduce it and instead issue a nice enameled long service badge! Oh and they'd invite your other half to whatever Corporate knees up they planned (apparently they weren't previously invited)
WTF planet do these people live on? This derisory award to Long Serving Loyal staff is an insult. Did it not even occur to anyone to actually Increase the pittance offered? What idiot in his right mind would actually suggest to Reduce it? Perhaps all our Directors should agree to take a reduction in their shares and benefits the longer they're on the Board. And instead receive a nice enamel badge inscribed........ TIGHT ARSE!
The Management Bullshit that she received in reply was laughable (it was posted on the notice board). They agreed that it was indeed insufficient to reward all those years of loyalty so........ they were going to reduce it and instead issue a nice enameled long service badge! Oh and they'd invite your other half to whatever Corporate knees up they planned (apparently they weren't previously invited)
WTF planet do these people live on? This derisory award to Long Serving Loyal staff is an insult. Did it not even occur to anyone to actually Increase the pittance offered? What idiot in his right mind would actually suggest to Reduce it? Perhaps all our Directors should agree to take a reduction in their shares and benefits the longer they're on the Board. And instead receive a nice enamel badge inscribed........ TIGHT ARSE!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
Didn't know we had a reward for 25 years service ?? I got fook allDorset Plodder wrote:Previous posters are correct, in that the Money has been reduced. A long serving member of my office recently complained via Tell Moya, that the money offered was an insult for the 25 years service it was meant to be rewarding.
The Management Bullshit that she received in reply was laughable (it was posted on the notice board). They agreed that it was indeed insufficient to reward all those years of loyalty so........ they were going to reduce it and instead issue a nice enameled long service badge! Oh and they'd invite your other half to whatever Corporate knees up they planned (apparently they weren't previously invited)
WTF planet do these people live on? This derisory award to Long Serving Loyal staff is an insult. Did it not even occur to anyone to actually Increase the pittance offered? What idiot in his right mind would actually suggest to Reduce it? Perhaps all our Directors should agree to take a reduction in their shares and benefits the longer they're on the Board. And instead receive a nice enamel badge inscribed........ TIGHT ARSE!
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
sounds bad for me ive my 20th year coming up in june what will I get ?

-
alliasjay
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
comeracing wrote:sounds bad for me ive my 20th year coming up in june what will I get ?![]()
![]()
Some lapsing :p
-
pants123
-
pants123
Re: Long service awards
But i do find the board of directors...... who are only human..
Abusing their position.. lining their own pockets with cash..... its very sad to say this....
All that matters to them is money......
Abusing their position.. lining their own pockets with cash..... its very sad to say this....
All that matters to them is money......
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
Dorset Plodder wrote:Previous posters are correct, in that the Money has been reduced. A long serving member of my office recently complained via Tell Moya, that the money offered was an insult for the 25 years service it was meant to be rewarding.
The Management Bullshit that she received in reply was laughable (it was posted on the notice board). They agreed that it was indeed insufficient to reward all those years of loyalty so........ they were going to reduce it and instead issue a nice enameled long service badge! Oh and they'd invite your other half to whatever Corporate knees up they planned (apparently they weren't previously invited)
WTF planet do these people live on? This derisory award to Long Serving Loyal staff is an insult. Did it not even occur to anyone to actually Increase the pittance offered? What idiot in his right mind would actually suggest to Reduce it? Perhaps all our Directors should agree to take a reduction in their shares and benefits the longer they're on the Board. And instead receive a nice enamel badge inscribed........ TIGHT ARSE!
Unbelievable! This £100 for 30 years works out at a princely 6.41p a week, or about a penny a day - an amount that hasn't been used in the workplace since groats and the great church-building centuries after the Norman Conquest, when a good mason would earn 3-6 old pennies a day and his labourers 1-2.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
zilch done away with 20 yr service award unless you count a certificate as a long service award miserable c..tscomeracing wrote:sounds bad for me ive my 20th year coming up in june what will I get ?![]()
![]()