Just been allocated my first 3 weeks leave for next year, and have recieved the form to select my remaining 3 weeks.
My question is, if anyone can answer it.
My retirement date is the end of August next year. the leave clerk is well aware of this, if I take the entire 6 weeks before my leaving date what would happen?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Retirement leave entitlement
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement leave entitlement
You would owe the difference in leave and should find that it would be taken off of your last pay and if it exceeds that may need to pay back the prorata amount
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Retirement leave entitlement
You accrue leave throughout the year and may be allocated any or all of it at any time assuming that you work the twelve month accrual period that covers it.
If however you retire in August (as I did) you will only be able to take a percentage of your leave with pay, being that amount accrued from April to August. Anything over that you will have to pay back to Royal Mail. So basically - you can only take the leave you have accrued up to your leaving date - definitely NOT six weeks !!!
If however you retire in August (as I did) you will only be able to take a percentage of your leave with pay, being that amount accrued from April to August. Anything over that you will have to pay back to Royal Mail. So basically - you can only take the leave you have accrued up to your leaving date - definitely NOT six weeks !!!
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Retirement leave entitlement
P.S.Dave - enjoy your retirement - I'm loving mine ... Oh, and if you have a smartphone, get one of those retirement countdown apps and keep showing your mates how long you have left to go - it may not make THEM feel better, but it will get you through the bad days :)
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement leave entitlement
Cheers mate, so you retired in August. what leave did you have March/August? and ho much were you given the oppotunity to select in October? I would like to know the processrhino49 wrote:P.S.Dave - enjoy your retirement - I'm loving mine ... Oh, and if you have a smartphone, get one of those retirement countdown apps and keep showing your mates how long you have left to go - it may not make THEM feel better, but it will get you through the bad days :)
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement leave entitlement
Retired back in March. Was sat in the pub at lunchtime today and a forlorn figure dressed in orange mac etc came in with the mail, dripping all over the floor. No I do not miss the job one bit, but felt very sorry for that poor female as it was p.ss.ng cats and dogs outside. How glad I am that I am not facing another Christmas.
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Retirement leave entitlement
I had taken a week of the previous year in March and my entitlement from April to when I left on August 8th was 10 days which I took in June.windermeredave wrote:Cheers mate, so you retired in August. what leave did you have March/August? and ho much were you given the oppotunity to select in October? I would like to know the processrhino49 wrote:P.S.Dave - enjoy your retirement - I'm loving mine ... Oh, and if you have a smartphone, get one of those retirement countdown apps and keep showing your mates how long you have left to go - it may not make THEM feel better, but it will get you through the bad days :)
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Retirement leave entitlement
Great Idea Rhino....Think I'll get one of those. I'll need to set it for about 15 years though! Ha harhino49 wrote:P.S.Dave - enjoy your retirement - I'm loving mine ... Oh, and if you have a smartphone, get one of those retirement countdown apps and keep showing your mates how long you have left to go - it may not make THEM feel better, but it will get you through the bad days :)
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)