Alright, today I had a meeting with my manager after racking up a stage 1. Fair enough, I had been off and I can't do anything but accept it.
My last absence was down to hurting my knee at work and that triggered it.
However, later on my partner told me the managers relative that works with us was off with the same injury yet was allowed to come in and clear packets, prep d2ds, even do a street here and there if people left lapsing...even got trained in the callers office.
When I was off I said i'd be willing to come in and do things such as this but I wouldn't manage walking my full duty. They told me if I was hurt then I had to stay off until fit.
I was even out the game before them.
Surely this is just favouritism?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Unfair absence?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Unfair absence?
Did your injury happen at work? How long into your shift were you?
Management are told they must adapt duty/inside work for someone unable to go out on delivery.
Making sure employees are off sick for as short time as possible.
Management are told they must adapt duty/inside work for someone unable to go out on delivery.
Making sure employees are off sick for as short time as possible.
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Unfair absence?
Yes, it happened at work. Twisted it on the last loop with about 15mins left to do. My partner took the mail and I drove round with some packets left to do.
I was weekend off the day after it happened but was off tue/wed/thu too. I did phone in on my day off though to let them know what happened.
I was weekend off the day after it happened but was off tue/wed/thu too. I did phone in on my day off though to let them know what happened.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Unfair absence?
The official stance is that injurys which happen from work resulting in absence that day is usually discounted from the absence procedure, if it went to talks of a stage 2 the union would throw it out.
Plus it's a part day absence too, which are also usually discounted.
Plus it's a part day absence too, which are also usually discounted.
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Re: Unfair absence?
Absences which result from accidents on
duty will normally be discounted when
deciding whether the attendance standards
have been reached or maintained. Such
absences will still be reviewed on return
to work
page 5 of the attendance agreement
duty will normally be discounted when
deciding whether the attendance standards
have been reached or maintained. Such
absences will still be reviewed on return
to work
page 5 of the attendance agreement
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Unfair absence?
It's a stage one. Irrelevant.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Unfair absence?
The union don't have power to throw any stage warning out. The decision on whether it is issued or not is soley with royal mail, in fact there is no leave to appeal a stage 1 or 2 you can only lodge an appeal at stage 3Creditshampoo wrote:The official stance is that injurys which happen from work resulting in absence that day is usually discounted from the absence procedure, if it went to talks of a stage 2 the union would throw it out.
Plus it's a part day absence too, which are also usually discounted.
Don't know where you got the part day absence from, op quite clearly stated he completed that day and then had several subsequent days off
-
buntin
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Unfair absence?
you can put a grievance in on a stage 1 or stage 2. Years ago when my wife was issued a stage 1 which including abscences due to fertility treatment , we put a grievance in against it and they had to go back on the decision.