ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
Hi everybody,
Now the new MTSF terms have changed from the 1st October, would any of you leave still under worse terms? i kmow there is quite a few people on here who are 54 and wanted to go at 55 with enhanced pension etc etc.
have any of you looked at the new terms? and what do you all think of the new agreement, i kmow a few people who will not go now and stay until at least 60, the thing is the job is going to change and get a lot harder, i still might go next time if it is offered as you wont get any enhancements like the old deal.
all you people who are nearly 55 and interested in going,what are your thoughts now the deal has changed?
Now the new MTSF terms have changed from the 1st October, would any of you leave still under worse terms? i kmow there is quite a few people on here who are 54 and wanted to go at 55 with enhanced pension etc etc.
have any of you looked at the new terms? and what do you all think of the new agreement, i kmow a few people who will not go now and stay until at least 60, the thing is the job is going to change and get a lot harder, i still might go next time if it is offered as you wont get any enhancements like the old deal.
all you people who are nearly 55 and interested in going,what are your thoughts now the deal has changed?
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
Is there a link to the new agreement on here? I can't seem to find one.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... SF#p710054" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
I was offered EVR under the old scheme which I agreed to. And them several months later just before these changes it was cancelled! Good old RM I don't trust them an inch!! 
-
petercostello
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 12 Jul 2007, 20:03
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
I am coming up 56 and we are currently undergoing changes and a preference exercise. I still intend to get a quote but would think if I would lose 20% of my NRA 60 and 50% of NRA 65 I would work on till 60.I wouldn't expect many takers if 2 years wages is offered.I wouldn't Imagine many long or short service people would be attracted to this deal.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4145
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
You sure? RM is full of "the grass is greener" people, and most would leave in a heartbeat for two years money.petercostello wrote:I wouldn't expect many takers if 2 years wages is offered.I wouldn't Imagine many long or short service people would be attracted to this deal.
{At least, they say they would, but when it actually comes to signing that bit of paper.....
-
petercostello
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 12 Jul 2007, 20:03
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
I know what you mean there are loads who say they would go then quickly change their mind if the offer comes up.
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
It's a shame they changed the terms on the new MTSF agreement, as your pension would have been enhanced, all good things come to an end, although instead of getting an enhanced pension you would get more compensation to counter act taking a reduced pension.
A few people in my office say they will not take it on worse terms and work until 60, but it's up to each and every individual what to do but its not rocket science to realise these VR or EVR payouts will not be around for much longer
A few people in my office say they will not take it on worse terms and work until 60, but it's up to each and every individual what to do but its not rocket science to realise these VR or EVR payouts will not be around for much longer
-
petercostello
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 12 Jul 2007, 20:03
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
I reckon if anyone is really unhappy they might as well take the 2 years. We worked it out that you won't lose till your about 75 if you are 55/ 56.Obviously you lose the 4 years pay you would have earned.But then again you will have to work for it.If you're OK financially and mortgage is paid you only live once.
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
I reckon more like 65 then 75, then again I might have worked it out wrong,
-
pj2001
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
I didn't... Best decision I've ever made!petercostello wrote:I know what you mean there are loads who say they would go then quickly change their mind if the offer comes up.
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
Pj2001
How many years service did you do? And what age were you when you went? Just curious
How many years service did you do? And what age were you when you went? Just curious
-
pj2001
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
- Gender: Male
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
37 years and I'm 57 left under old mtsf2 agreement pre Octoberstroller wrote:Pj2001
How many years service did you do? And what age were you when you went? Just curious
-
stroller
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
- Gender: Male
Re: would you still leave on the new MTSF deal
Well done mate you got out just in time